Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,<br><br>
Just checking in here with the group. I'm going to float a couple ideas here as I begin to thinking about asking for help with the VRAA. We're in round 2 and things are progressing in orderly manner. I've quickly realized that this may be more than I can handle by myself.<br><br>
Certainly in my mind, there is still plenty room for improvement, especially in the "Race Across America" part.<br><br>
I'm thinking how to continue to the future by either handing-off or delegating tasks.<br><br>
A couple initial ideas I have are:<br><br>
- Tournament directors (sort of like RDs; responsible for one round, or about 30 days)<br>
- Travel committee (coordinators of the map route; lots of room for creativity here)<br><br>
My guess is that there's ample interest out there, just like to make a good presentation when I start asking for volunteers.<br><br>
Thanks in advance for your input.<br>
~Lloyd

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
What about team leaders to keep track of each team, so it breaks the work load down for everyone in charge?

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
I like the travel committee idea. That would add a lot of fun.<br><br>
How often do you plan to run VRAA competitions? I think it's OK to have breaks between them, too. If they're always ongoing, eventually people might not be as motivated.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What a GREAT IDEA!<br><br>
You're really bringing VRAA to the next level.<br><br>
I like the idea of the team captains also. If it helps, our hope is to have a running log up and installed by July. When that happens - you could use that as 'team' logs to allow teams to post miles...<br><br>
Team captains are also a great way to manage it. Where the members send miles to their captains and the captains total and send to you...<br><br>
Best,<br><br><br>
Rich

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi gang,<br><br>
Just a quick note to let you know I'll be out-of-town from Thursday-Monday night.<br><br>
Heather (QuixoticNotions) has volunteered to keep the leaderboard while I am away.<br><br>
FYI.<br><br>
Have a nice weekend.<br>
Lloyd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts