Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next up, asparagus.<br><br>
How do I cook this stuff? I don't want it to be mushy. Blech. I had some cooked in butter a while ago and liked it, so I convinced DH to try it.<br><br>
Grill? In the oven? On the stove? What kind of seasoning/sauce should I use? Relatively healthy. I read somewhere (I wish I could remember) about something with soy sauce and garlic. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I usually roast it. I wash and break off the tough bottoms, then put the spears on tinfoil. I sprinkle on a tiny bit of EVOO, S&P and roll them to mix it around. Then into a 450 degree oven for ~ 15 minutes (less for thinner stalks). They're so good this way, almost crispy, smokey and woodsy, that I ate an entire container of them last night. (yes, my pee smelled bad through this morning)<br><br>
steamed is good, too. just watch it carefully so it doesn't cook too much (just a few minutes). or I cut and blanch them (2 minutees in boiling water, then drop into ice water) and then stir fry with mushrooms. yum!

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
I like it cut up and stir fried with garlic, ginger and a little teriyaki sauce, I also do what Dia says and roast it. I can eat an entire bunch that way!!! I LOVE asparagus, but don't freak out over the weird pee smell, that's normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts