Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean when you are burned by a friend... do you forgive them? Or do you hold a grudge?

·
Registered
16,043 Posts
I'm not sure about a grudge, but I would keep my distance from them forever.<br><br>
I guess that qualifies as a grudge.

·
Registered
22,241 Posts
It depends on what happened. I have generally learned that if someone thinks its ok to screw you over once, they will think its ok to do in the future also.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have this outrageous need to be "at peace" with people and will often try to forgive before I'm really ready to and then get angry again later. It's surprising and frustrating to everyone, including me.

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
I generally do not actively harbor resentment or anger toward anyone.<br><br>
However, if you've burned me, then that will affect how I interact with you (level of trust, interest in actually hanging out, etc.).

·
Registered
17,471 Posts
I can be very forgiving and some circumstances permit more forgiveness than others. However, I don't really forget. Like evah.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
If it's something major, I will probably eventually forgive, but I never forget. And the relationship is sure to change if I don't trust someone.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I try to be forgiving. But no, I don't forgive everything. And I don't forget much, either.<br><br>
I am the kind of person who is loyal to a fault, and usually will find a way to forgive you for f*cking me over once or twice. Maybe even three times. But somewhere along the line I stop being forgiving. And then you might continue to exist. And I might forgive you for what you've done so that I can let it go. But I'm not interested in having you in my life anymore, no matter what.<br><br>
There have been a few people I've tried to forgive and maintain relationships with beyond that point, and it just doesn't work. At that point, I'm just done. And I won't bother with it again. I don't really consider that a grudge though. I just consider it learning that some people aren't going to be a part of my life, no matter what.

·
Registered
22,241 Posts
I totally agree with this. There are some people that I find myself forgiving over and over just to have them srew me over again...thats when I begin to think that I am too forgiving.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I am with Bux on this one. I won't be angry or resentful. But I won't forget, and will withdraw from any serious friendship with the person.

·
Registered
16,043 Posts
And if I'm burned or hurt or whatever, I resent it when the burner pushes onto me their need to be well thought-of by me. That's rather selfish on their part.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I tend to be forgiving.<br><br>
People make mistakes, Lord knows I have.<br><br>
I wouldn't want someone mad at me forever for a mistake I made, so I tend to be forgiving.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I forgive everyone except the asshats who can't let stuff go; with them, I believe it's only fair that I take my grudge to the grave.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts