Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another beautiful day here, though expecting serious rain in a few hours.

Geo - nice run! Great to see your run fitness has been maintained, I truly believe, thanks to all the riding! And good to hear no serious side effects from shot #1

40 glorious gravel miles with 3 others. I’m happy I was feeling solid pretty much all the way, not that we were pushing ourselves. I had many groups rides in which I just had to work so hard to stay with them. Not today :). Two guys who live very close to me rorde from their houses, so they got 80miles! Stopped by the usual cafe at the end to have a cup of latte and quiche while enjoying some fun stories, at an outside table.

My Stumpy got a wash.. so time for a beer and wait for rain and DD’s coming home :).

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hi gang!
2 mile walk this am with the pup then a leisurely breakfast before some quick errands and then yard clean up! Actually for me it was garden(s) cleanup...got most of it done before I waved the white flag. you would think will all the ab work I do, my back wouldn't start screaming so fast...but it does. sigh. ah well. All the leaves are out with the exception of one tight space behind our Japanese maple...that'll take no time, but must listen to my body. A solid 5 hours outside.

Geo - nice on the no side effects and great run!

SB - how are you doing?

Yo - sounds like a great day!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Seems like DD just left, Yo!

DW did the gardening today (spreading seed/fertilizer). I'm pretty sure she's fighting a losing battle. Our lawn is a disaster. Also, looks like the deer came right up to the house and started decapitating some tulips. Sigh... Covering the others tonight in the hopes they can be saved...

Usual dog walking for me as well. No bagelry ride until second vaccine - so went for a solo 50 down beach way. Lovely day ... except Portsmouth felt like a giant germ pit. So busy... and apparently the students at UNH are partying up an unmasked storm as well. Double sigh... At any rate, the bike ride was good! Oh - and in the miracles never cease dept., DD took her bike out today for a 16 mile spin around DC today... Go her.

Geo.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zoj - I hear you about back. If I push myself hard too long on my MTB’s I get backache. Good job on a spring gardening/cleanup for 5 hrs!

Geo - our crocus was eaten by rabbits. DH put a net over it and a huge metal trap. No rabbits soup yet. And yay go DD! DC must be beautiful right now with all the cherry blossoms. Been there twice during the season and LOVEed it. My DD will spend a few weeks here (including getting all wisdom teeth removed tomorrow) while working from home then head out to Seattle (just because she can work from anywhere...!) then head out to Hawaii again til toward September.
And super run!

6.5mile fun. Legs didn’t want to, which I knew would happen after 40 dirt miles yesterday.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
2. 5 mile walk with the pup this am, then puttering around the house. Rolled up a bunch of change and have a hefty box to take to the bank tomorrow. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts