Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Apples

2K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  sierra 
#1 ·
I love apples this time of year. But I dont like mushy ones, they have to be sweet and crunchy!<br><br>
I am becoming a Fuji junkie! I had a guy in the store tell me that they will stay crunchy if you keep them cool, like in the fridge. I tried it and it worked!<br><br>
I have also had an apple called "Pink Lady" recommended to me, but havent tried it yet.<br><br>
So, what is your favorite kind of apple??

#6 ·
Mmmm...Honey Crisps are fabulous and the ones I've had are quite large as well. Fujis, Galas, Pink Ladies, and the one I've been eating lately is the Cameo. It can sometimes have a bit of a mushy texture but has been pretty good most of the time, and fairly juicy.<br><br>
Winesaps are a very old variety of apple. My SO is very fond of them, and doesn't really like apples, they're <i>that</i> good.

#8 ·
1. fave is the honeycrisp. Can't find them around here this time of year.<br><br>
2. faves are braeburns. The braeburns are still good if you can find the super small ones....less mealy/mushy than the giant ones<br><br>
I don't think I've ever had a pink lady or a fuji.

#9 ·
Gala, Fuji, Honey Crisp, and Granny Smith if I'm in a tart mood.

#14 ·
Studies have shown that phytonutrients found in apples may protect the brain from diseases such as Alzheimer?s and Parkinson?s. Quercetin is a natural <span style="text-decoration:underline;">anti-inflammatory</span>, an anti-allergen and has been used to treat skin and prostrate cancers. Epicatechin and other catechins have been shown to reduce plaque build-up in the arteries of animals and to reduce the cancer causing affects of carcinogens in test tubes. Procyanidin or proanthocyanidin is believed to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disease and diabetes. The list of the health benefits of apples keeps growing.<br><br>
I eat 2-3 apples a-day (Granny Smith) - Anti inflammatory - perfect for runners

#22 ·
In the fall we went apple picking and had "Sun Crisp" apples. They were so freakin delicious-- they tasted like pears!!! OMG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.