Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Kroger this afternoon I found a small cup of cut red and green apples as well as container of carmel for $1.69. Makes for a nice healthy snack compared to my usual assortment of cheezits, pop tarts, and M&M's.<br><br>
They also had celery and carrots with ranch dressing for those into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I've seen these! They look really good, but I just can't bring myself to buy them, when I can buy a bigger celery and cut it up myself for much cheaper. But then that takes time. Time I don't have. I suppose it's all about convenience.<br><br>
Hell, it took me a looooong time before I could feel okay about buying bagged salad greens. We would end up throwing away bad lettce because we did not eat it fast enough! That's how I justify it.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Tricia, not sure if this will help, but if you cut up the celery into sticks and place them vertically in a bowl with a bit of water in it (like flowers) it will keep longer in the fridge.

·
Registered
12,636 Posts
That's a good idea. Can't you do that with asparagus too?<br><br>
TF, I agree with you. Even our Wawa (minimart) has those premade veggie/dip or fruit/dip snacks ready to grab and go but it bugs me too that they're so damn expensive. Redners is starting to carry a lot of that stuff. You pay for the convenience, I guess....but then when I think what I spend a week on Starbucks or other coffee stops or running through a drive through I guess it evens out. I have to make myself do more on Sundays for the week ahead. Then I can grab and go out of my OWN fridge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts