Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>IM Calgary 70.3 for me tomorrow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My head totally feels like it is full of cotton wool for the past 3 days....ears all stuffed up, can't get them clear. Stupid allergies.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, anyone else racing?</p>

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
<p>Lambourn 5 mile running race</p>
<p>.</p>
<p>Ok I confess that we rode the 16 miles to the venue but we arrived with about 20 min to get ready. Took a gel about 10 mins before the start and made sure I had got my fluids in.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Note: forgot my garmin.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Steady start and let people run past me but was in the top 10. By the first drinks station I was 5th and briefly missed a turn so dropped back to 7th. First mile marker was badly out(6.30), at this point I was running well and had moved to 4th place. Second mile marker was badly out(6.30). I was now closing down on 3rd place who I caught just before the 3 mile marker which was so far out(4.59) I could see 2nd place down the road but was never in the game. The last 2 miles were just me against the clock. Hit the grass and through the finish in 28.21.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am rather surprised by the pace and maybe this shows that I am getting a little speed endurance back.<span style="display:none;"> </span></p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.