Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're not running in them anymore, what have you switched to?<br><br>
I am 5'6", 153 pound female, with fairly high arches and a neutral gait with possibly a little under-pronation. All the wear on my shoes is on the outer half of the front sole, virtually no heel wear. I have been running in the Supernova Cushion and have been extremely happy with it for a couple of years (starting at 191 pounds). I have found that with the current pair, which is my 4th pair (Supernova Cushion 6), the ball of my left foot is very sore after a run although it doesn't bother me during the run and goes away in a few hours. It seems to have started once I started running more than 5 miles in a single run. I have also read reviews from others who feel that the cushioning in the front is not as good for this round of Supernova's. As my runs have gotten longer and are on their way up as I half started training for a half, I'm not sure they are a good candidate for those longer distances. Perhaps it is an injury but I doubt it-I still have my older pair and it doesn't happen with that pair--the previous version. I can still get the previous version but that won't be forever either, so I'll have to go to something different sooner or later unless Adidas comes out with a better version very soon...<br><br>
I have tried the Asics Gel Nimbus-VIII and hated it--I couldn't lace them tight enough for the heel to not move around on me and the left shoe felt like it had a ridge in the forefoot that was very annoying. Maybe I just got a bad pair.<br><br>
I know the response will be "get thee to a running store"--if only the one here would have my size. Last time they had NOTHING, this time they have three pairs (Saucony Pro-Grid Triumph, Brooks Glycerin, Asics 2120) in a 9 and since that is my street shoe size, it may not be big enough. Another running store is 3-4 hours away, so I may have to settle for an online store with a liberal return policy (i.e. Road Runner Sports) So any feedback is appreciated, especially if you've had experience with the Supernova. For some reason I don't see a lot in these forums about Adidas but I thought I would ask.<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Lisa

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
At the store where I work we sold very few Supernova Cushions. Nimbus is the big fave with Cumulus coming second.<br><br>
BTW the 2120 is a stability shoe, and may well be too wide for your heel. We have sold loads of Pro-Grid Triumphs but I haven't heard any feedback on them.<br><br>
If you have a narrow heel you might be best in a Nike or a Mizuno, most of which fit a bit narrower.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe I can weigh in on this? Similar to you, I'm a female, 5'6, 140 lbs, neutral gait, normal pronation.<br><br>
I am a fairly new runner. When I went to the running store to get my shoes like a good little newbie runner, the guy at the store looked at my feet, gait, etc. and trotted out a bunch of appropriate shoes which I tried on one by one. The Supernova 6's felt great, nice and light, and I loved the way they hugged my foot, so I bought them. However, I'm getting the feeling that I might need to change shoes because I am sidelined with stress fractures now. Whether the shoes or their wearer is to blame for that remains to be seen.<br><br>
I have nothing to compare to, this being my absolute first pair of running shoes, but I, too, feel like there's not a whole lot of cushion/support, especially through the medial part of the foot. Might explain the pain in the ball of your foot.<br><br>
I realize this may not be helpful to you - sorry! - but I want to also keep track of this thread to see if you get any feedback because, frankly, I'm looking for feedback/ideas on this, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts