Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running in new shoes for 9 days. The update of the model I've run in for about 5 years.<br><br>
Yesterday near the end of a half marathon I noticed slight burning pain at the front of the right ankle, sort of where the shoe tongue makes contact with the ankle when the foot is flexed and pushing off, with every step. It was really tender to touch after running. Then it subsided.<br><br>
Today when I walk in cross-trainers and a new pair of running shoes (different pair) I feel the pain with every step. It's not painful to touch, though.<br><br>
Did I just irritate things? Anyone ever dealt with this successfully, maybe lacing shoes differently or something? I would like to tame it before it becomes a potential problem.

·
Registered
22,241 Posts
Yes! I had this problem for a couple years when I started running...it got worse and worse (didnt always hurt when I was running, but hurt much more afterwards) until I was limping 90% of the time. I ended up having to switch to completely different shoes and it finally went away on its own.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Is the pain right at the top end of your instep? If so, I had that problem after I ran 12 in a total downpour and the shoes got soaked. The heavy shoes and wet laces irritated that spot and it was tender for about a week in any shoes. I changed the lacing and was able to complete a 20 miler pain-free that weekend (5 days later).<br><br>
Hopefully they didn't change the shoes that much with the new model and they just need a little breaking in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts