Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>This downhill race starts about ½ mile above the Alta Peruvian Lodge at the Alta ski resort. I believe it drops 2,000 ft. in elevation over the 8 kilometers. This race is billed as a fast race and it was. It also benefits the Utah Museum of Natural History.  The race had a 4 p.m. start and all of my races are in the morning, so this was a nice break from the norm.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>     Mile one I started to get a side stitch and I have not had one of those in forever. Mile one was about 6:05. Mile 2 was a bit better but about 6:10. I was feeling the fast pace and was passed by a couple of ladies. One just shot past us and kept going. I was able to draft a bit off of one lady and this worked as I passed her a few times. I kept this up until mile 4. At that point the pounding of the down hill running had taken a toll on my left foot. It felt like fluid was sloshing around in my heel. So from mile 4 to the end I was about 7:45. The lady I was running with kept going at mile 4 and beat me by a minute. Overall it was a fun race it is 4 days after and my left quad is still feeling the race.  My feet hurt after the race.  They also had a nice BBQ after and a good awards ceremony. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Overall results</p>
<p>31/85 with some very fast competition as the winner was in 21:??</p>
<p>3rd AG 32:54(6:38)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Even though It was a tough race I learned a few things and I think I will run it smarter next year and hopefully beat this years time.</p>

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<p>Jill- part of it was sleeping that night as my shoulder was sore.  Then getting up from sitting in a car the next was difficult.  The bottom of my right foot felt weird the next day.  My left quad finally feels back to normal today.  You hurt in places you never thought would hurt though. </p>

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
<p>My quads are getting sore just reading your report.  Great job on to get hardware!</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.