Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I posed a question. Today I take it public.<br><br>
Is there an actor you just can't stand? You know the one who really you can't even take to look at or listen to. Someone who even when in a passing commercial you have to snit at.<br>
For me, that person is Tom Cruise. Period. I can't look at him or hear his voice without yelling "sit down and shut up you Pygmy blowhard" or something equally endearing.<br>
I am not new on this anti-Tom "what'd ya do to Katie' family matching haircuts, scientoloweird bandwagon. As I said yesterday I haven't seen a Tom Cruise movie since A Few Good Men. Don't care to, won't even watch it on video. I saw a rare minute of that Samurai movie while flipping channels one day and tried not to scream at the tube about what a dip weed he looked like playing with his sword. So I've seen 15 seconds of that one if you must count it.<br>
In light of him being more wacko than usual lately; I thought I'd share his video that's getting all the attention before his team of lawyers and handlers in charge of making him look like a real person make it disappear. If you listen to him he puts the Dali-lama to shame and is far more helpful to the world than say, Jolie/Pitt<br><br><a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=uTKvNwyOx4E&feature=bz303" target="_blank">http://youtube.com/watch?v=uTKvNwyOx4E&feature=bz303</a><br><br>
if were were adding singers to the list I would also have to spew at Beyonce. C'mon. That's not talent.<br><br>
Anyone else?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Tom is tops on my list...I used to not like Leonardo....but I've seen the error of my ways and enjoy most of his stuff now...

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
George Dubyah Bush. I know we're talking actors here, but isn't that pretty much what he is? I just really really can't stand that guy. As soon as I hear his voice, I change the channel before I shrivel up inside. It's worse than nails on a chalkboard. This isn't a political rant, it's personal. The guy's a moron. A moron with power.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Men: Leonardo, Nick Cage, W<br>
Women: Paris, LiLo (she was cute in the Parent Trap..now eeew)

·
Registered
596 Posts
OK, this makes the third time I've rewritten this. I dislike the following actors, except for the roles that I cite:<br>
Nick Cage - Raising Arizona<br>
Jim Carrey - Dumb and Dumber; Me, Myself & Irene<br>
Adam Sandler<br><br>
And, although I try to distance the person from the role, I just don't like Tom Cruise.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o.k. so we expand it to 'persons you can't stomach'<br><br>
having just gotten off the phone with my aunt who was in an uproar over Martha Stewart and likened her dislike of Martha to my others Aunts hatred of Dick Simmons and something about 'deal a meal'.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I have a very difficult time following this thread without knowing 'WHY?'<br><br>
Why do you not like the actor or actress?<br><br>
Such as Tom Cruise... why does he repulse you?<br><br>
Let me start... I don't like Bill Cosby. I think he's a bigot. And a racist. I used to live in Rochester, NY, home of Kodak. Kodak sponsored him in many of his endeavors. He used to come to tiny Rochester all the time to the nice auditorium there and perform his comedy skits. He was very funny. But every single person who I used to know and respect highly who actually met him during one of the after or before sit downs with him or even at an after or before party, they all said the same thing -- that although he is very funny he also sounds like the biggest racist they know. I don't have details, but back when I was living there, people gave them. I just don't remember them. And he has been rather cruel to some charity cases. This isn't to say he's evil and doesn't do any charity work or that he hasn't changed, but I don't like him at all for the character that my respected friends made him out to be.

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
But Thor...Bill Cosby went to UMASS...he's my peeps.<br><br>
As for Tom Cruise...I lost all respect when he called Matt Lauer "glib"<br>
My mom needed A LOT MORE than vitamins to treat her psychosis. Trust me. Paranoid schizo off her meds and taking care of kids=much trauma.<br><br>
I don't like David Spade because he's so ewwwww.<br><br>
Nicholas Cage...yuck...I don't like the way he speaks on camera...he'd just so...ewwwwwwww.<br><br>
Girl actors? Melanie Griffith. Why? No good reason.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
For me the list of actors I like would be shorter than the ones I dislike.<br>
Bruce Willis, Arnold, Harrison Ford, Gary Sinese, Tom Hanks, a few more...<br><br>
I would like to say to all of them: "Shut up and dance, monkey! Dance!"

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
Yurp!<br><br>
When did you graduate? I had a few friends in the music dept. over there.<br><br>
besides...you knew you were my peeps b/c your user name makes me smile!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Streisand, she just appears arrogant how she touches her hair.<br>
Demi/Ashton -- no talent, fake, can't act<br>
Melanie Griffith --her baby voice sux<br>
Colin Farrell -- looks like he needs to be sprayed down

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Where do I start... !?<br><br>
Don't watch (much) TV nor movies and what I hear about the whole lifestlye of these people (haven't they all dated/slept with each other yet?) repulses me so I don't have a favourite or least favourite amongst any of them. Nevermind that TV just sucks today (Reality my &$$).

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
David Hasselhoff (BARF!)<br><br>
And I'm gonna get in trouble here, but I don't see the appeal of Scarlett Johanssen. She was just a piece of wilted lettuce in that movie set in Japan (can't remember the title).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts