Kick Runners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning 30's I had a busy weekend so I am looking forward to this coming weekend and having 4 days off. I had some good workouts this weekend and was busy with soccer, kids volunteering and prom. I was literally driving the kids around from 10 to 10.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Hi Ron.

Yesterday's run was so brutally humid that I looked like I'd jumped in someone's swimming pool by the time I got home. I tried to take a pic of my drenched self, but my clothes were so wet that they were clinging in all the wrong places. It would not have been a flattering pic. :) Bob and Coach T (if he ever checks in), it was even worse than the time we all did the New Haven 20K together. And that was pretty bad!

On Saturday I biked 28+ miles and got a flat again. My bike rides this year have been one calamity after another. Check this out, and keep in mind that I have been taught how to change a flat 4 times but do not remember how to do it very well and have never really tried.

- First ride (solo) - flat rear tire, called 3 people for help with no luck and had to ride home on a total flat
- Got my tubes and tires replaced the next day
- Rode the following day with no trouble
- 4 days later, rode with a friend and my wheels were making sounds like they were screaming and crying. We rode directly to a bike shop for help. The owner said the other shop had put the wrong size tires on my frame. I was in danger of being pitched over my handlebars because the tires were very close to catching the frame and locking!
- Took the bike back to shop #1 and got the tires replaced again
- Rode 1x with no problems
- Rode Saturday and got a flat again! What the ????? These are brand new tires and tubes!!! We were about 9 miles from our start/end point when we pulled over. My friend and I got it about 60% fixed on our own (go us!) but then got to a point where we were stuck. A teenage boy stopped to help us. Got home with no issues.
- Checked the tire this morning.... it's going flat again so there must be something like a thorn or piece of glass in the tire itself that has punctured a hole in the new tube.

I give up!!!! I am nervous enough about riding because of the inherent dangers of cycling on the same roads as inattentive, obnoxious, unsafe drivers. I need to at least be able to rely on my equipment! Ugh.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Nice work on the cycling when the bike cooperated, Theia!

Ron, we were very busy this weekend too. It's that time of year.

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Ran my 6.5 mile loop. Hot and sunny here. 72F and I was sweating up a storm, with no hat on it was all channeling into my eyes. Good news is that afterwards I was back down to my pre-Kalamazoo weight.

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morning 30's tonight I should get a workout in. I might try something faster and some weights. It has been cool for us as the rest of you are warming up. I am not complaining it is really nice. I heard this morning that we have only had 4 days this month with average temps above average.

Theia I tend to sweat a lot too and sorry about the bike problems.

Duck nice running.

Morning Bob!

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
Hiya. I've really been slacking since Kalamazoo. I think I've only run 5 times since then, and the longest was 4 miles. I gotta get my azz in gear sooner or later. Maybe I'll start tonight, with like 5 miles or so...

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
hellloooo.

my family came up this past weekend as my sister is in town en route to indonesia where she'll be interning for the summer. so there was a ton of eating, drinking, and laughing.. i'm still recovering :)

i got in lagree pilates this morning and will go out for a run later as well.

does anyone have any information on the bike brand transeo? i have an opportunity to acquire one for $325. its a cross city 6061 version and appears brand new. any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
Missy - 6061 usually means it is an aluminum frame. Transeo is city bike from the big manufacture GT, so it is probably like their current "Traffic" bikes. $500 to $600 new. That's probably a fair price if it's in new condition.

6.2 miles at lunch today. I had some decent spring in my step, at least for the first 4 miles or so.

Theia, get in here and give us the news!!!

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
hey bard/moonie, how was the move? are you neck high in unpacking of boxes? ;)

Missy - 6061 usually means it is an aluminum frame. Transeo is city bike from the big manufacture GT, so it is probably like their current "Traffic" bikes. $500 to $600 new. That's probably a fair price if it's in new condition.

6.2 miles at lunch today. I had some decent spring in my step, at least for the first 4 miles or so.

Theia, get in here and give us the news!!!
thanks for that info, duck!

its funny how one can feel so differently in the same run. last friday miles 2-5 felt great and springy. i was convinced i was going to die between miles 6-8 and considered bagging the run. then a switch flipped and i ran the last two miles as the fastest (not really intentionally) of the run. huh.

i want to hear good news!!! i searched FB but couldn't really detect anything really obvious.. then again, i'm known to miss little nuances.. (**** ESL)

·
Registered
9,714 Posts
I don't KNOW that Theia has good news, but that picture on FB was really cute and she looked really happy, so I extrapolated... :D

·
Registered
11,855 Posts
Hey all - well, we've been moving stuff like crazy, but most of the stuff is over to the new house now. Everything is still a bit disheveled as we're trying to figure out where things are going to go. Some of our original plans went by the wayside (we couldn't get the queen bed up into the attic) and we're going to have someone come in and waterproof the basement (we suspect we might have some slight water intrusion issues and would like to take care of it now before we unpack and move everything down there.) Other than that, it's just a matter of getting a new routine down, getting some stuff we didn't need at the rental (e.g. a lawn mower), and getting things organized.

Hopefully everything is going well with all of you, and we're all looking forward to a nice holiday weekend ahead.

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Morning 30's I got home last night early and was in kind of a bad mood so I didn't workout. Oh well I will tonight no matter what. I was also thinking of running a 10k on Monday.

Bob no one is going to call you lazy.

Missy sounds like a fun weekend.

Duck are you ready for the Prefontaine Classic?

Morning Kath how is the new job?

Moon and Bard you will have along weekend to enjoy the new house.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I can't believe the week is half over already! My life pace is not good right now - hoping the holiday weekend will allow a reset!

Fitnessing - strength Mon, rest Tues, hills this morning and golf conditioning on tap this evening.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Anyone here have a recommendation for travel insurance? I've never purchased it independently before and it's not as straightforward as I hoped

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Duck, I am sorry to disappoint you, but there's no big news. Or little news. Or medium news. :) A friend from college posted on my wall and made me reminisce about those wonderful four years. I happened to drive through campus on Mother's Day, so I put up a pic with the college directory sign. That's as nuanced as it gets. :) But thanks for thinking it was a cute pic.

Lack of sleep is crushing me this week. I've managed two workouts - both abbreviated and way less than 100% effort. Sometimes I really hate being me. I know I shouldn't complain because insomnia is far better than so many other things that could be wrong, but still. Every once in a while I'd like to just freaking sleep and feel human.

Moon and Bard, good idea to take care of the basement before you load it up with stuff! I have had floods so often I lost count. It is not fun.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Here's some fun news, hot off the press. I'M GOING TO SEE MORRISSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had 6th row ticket last year, but he cancelled. I was devastated. A show was announced in June, and my friend and I just got 8th row in the presale. He'd better show up this year!

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Morning 30's I lifted last night and that was great then I starting running and at 12 minutes I stopped and just wasn't into it. Oh well I hate when that happens. I just need to make in through the day as our office is closed tomorrow so let the 4 day weekend begin!!!

amichel I hope things calm down for you this weekend.

Duck have a great weekend.

Theia sorry about the poor sleep. I have a bad habit of waking up between 1 and 3 and not being able to go back to sleep. Exciting about the concert!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts