Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Oh Johnny - what I wouldn't give for 19 miles.  lol</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm calling the sports vet again today for a follow up.  I just can't believe her diagnosis and am willing to pay her again to look at me again and rethink this.  One of the issues seems to be getting worse rather than better and I'm not doing anything with that muscle group.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Beautiful day here but extremely foggy this morning as DW went to swim.  She said at some points zero visibility.  Yikes, glad I was riding with her!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We're all going to have a greta week; right?</p>
<p> </p>

· Registered
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>May try to find a place to run?   I'd take a bet on that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dr. vet appt tomorrow at 2:20   awesome..................</p>
<p> </p>

· Registered
5,808 Posts
<p>...ks//.........of course Right</p>
<p> </p>
<p>.....just limp away if the vet wants to  Put You to Sleep.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>nice running rip</p>

· Registered
1,450 Posts
<p>Rest day for me, but I did run on the treadmill over the weekend.  I may try to get up to 3 M tomorrow.  Watch out, Johnny.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ksrunr, your body compensates for weak parts (the neck bone connected to the head bone, etc.), so sometimes things ache even when not directly used.  A friend has tight hamstrings, to which she attributes her PF problems.  I don't know if that's what's going on with you.  The doc will tell you what's going on, I hope.</p>

· Registered
100 Posts
<p>Hello all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm in the Philippines for several weeks.  Flights were delayed by snow and I spent 25 hours on various airplanes.  That was my endurance event for the weekend.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I went to run on the hotel treadmill Monday morning. I don't like runnng indoors and it usually takes me about 3 sessions to get used to a treadmill.   This one didn't seem to be calibrated properly.  The distance and pace indicators weren't at all in synch with how I thought I was running.  About 25 minutes into the run the machine told me I had covered slightly more than 2 miles.  I checked the HeartRate monitor and it indicated I was cruising along with a pulse of 167 beats a minute.  That is when I was sure the machine was wrong. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did an hour+ in the morning and did another 30 minutes in the evening.  I'm guessing about 10 miles.</p>
<p> </p>

· Registered
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<p>FO - glad you're running a bit</p>
<p> </p>
<p>PT - last time you left; you were gone a long time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1 hour on the elliptical tonight</p>

· Registered
470 Posts
<p>Hi everybody,</p>
<p>6 TM miles for me tonight, the second half at 10:30; so I'm getting back to my regular pace and the lump on my left arch is gradually smaller every day.. </p>
<p>My work week has already started off sucky. That <span style="text-decoration:underline;">should</span> indicate that it can only get better, right? Well not really, unless my *#@! coworker quits, which is certain to never happen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm very curious what the vet will tell you tomorrow KS. and keep in mind what TW said!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hurray for FO <span style="text-decoration:underline;">running</span> again!!</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.