Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to run in a half marathon in the Fall again; but I want to start training now. I am a bit nervous that I will burn out too soon though. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
meary, I'm going to put this in The Race where I think you may get more specific responses.<br><br>
What kind of base are you running right now? When is your Half, and what's your goal? How is your goal related to your previous performances? All of these will dictate how you'll want to prepare.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My base right now is about 5 miles, I haven't done a long run in about a month. I would like to beat my 1:50 Hm time from last HM. I am looking at two races in October.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Continue to work on base and building up your long run, your extra time will allow you to enter the "true" training phase with a great base and uninjured. I've done 18 week build-ups and they are too long for me to be concentrating on one race. Maybe run a 5k or 10k in the summer and then refocus. It's amazing that you can actually run quite well in a short race during half and marathon base training. Concentrate on the half after your summer venture.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Fox. That is kind of what I was thinking. I would like to run a 5k in June and then a 10 miler in August.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts