Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Thursday, March 28 - workouts!

388 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Yo Sake 
#1 ·
Yo - travel plans always trump reading a book! lol Mt Fuji and a trip with the fam?? That's AWESOME!

Geo - walking always counts! something I need to do more of during the day.

As for the books: I have read James Patterson (think Alex Cross), "The Rule of One" and no onto Michael Palmer...all good. Don't think I have one that stands out yet tho...but with 14 more to go, I am sure something will pop out.

So...that shot did me in yesterday. No workout when I got home (still sore) and felt like crap. Then to top things off, woke up around 3:30 am and brain started working over time, so not sure if I ever fell back to full sleep after. sigh. sleep has been crappy lately...at least for the past 6 months.

1100 yds in the pool at lunch today - felt pretty good. no issues with the foot and does help to stretch out the surgical area!

#2 ·
Team KEG run for me - 4.2-ish miles @10:00 mm or so pace.

Biometrics - Good BP (117/83), overweight by basic BMI (27.2 - should be 24.x), slightly high cholesterol (203) with decent HDL (58), decent glucose.

Digging out previous year results (4 sets available back to 2013), not bad. Weight range has been from 191-199 lbs (198 in the most recent) at my 6' (or more recently, 5' 11.5"), cholesterol has ranged from 150-231 (seems like a wide range), BP generally okay, BMI from low 26 to low 27.

Realistically - I could eat a lot more greens, lose 10 lbs, cut down on carbs and dairy, and start working out harder. But - meh.

Melatonin for sleep? Too much blue light? Or TMI female issues? I don't sleep enough (generally 6:30-7:00 per night), but it's generally a solid sleep.

Music club tonight. One song to do with "covers" and one that vaguely celebrates women's history month....

Geo.

#3 ·
Zoj - way to get in a swim, in spite of a crappy night sleep...

Geo - consistent biometrics are good! And now cycling season just around the corner, all good! Don’t you wish the medical checkup takes place right after the riding season?!

40min walk during lunch. And I did something I have been wanting to do for some weeks - pick up all the garbage (mainly flying out of the trash bins on windy days) in the sub!! I think there are about 40 houses in my sub. I got one big grocery bag full of stuff. Yay me!

Then 7miles after work. The last weekend’s 5k and talking about our goals with KT pushed me to run with a purpose. Work on my lactate threshold. So.. Target was 2x2miles at half marathon pace which is around 8:25 (maybe wishful thinking) per my 5k. I felt pretty decent at so called “comfortably hard” pace. I know the feeling and am glad that I can “feel” the pace. But I barely made to 8:35ish pace on ave. Not terribly surprising because my pace tends to slow way more than what many predictors tell me. Plus I ran hard two days ago. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.