Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Running Moms and Dads, Saturday

620 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnnyB 
#1 ·
<p>Good morning! I had nice run this morning and now I just need to glide through work so I can sneak in a nap later. I'll be going out to dinner with some friends tonight but I have to be good so I can do my long run tomorrow. At least I won't have to get up before dawn to get it in since there is no Patriots game tomorrow.</p>
<p>Nicole, sorry to hear that dd is still coughing up a storm, hope she feels better soon.</p>
<p>Ron, sounds like your running is coming along pretty good.</p>
<p>Johnny, I agree.</p>
<p>Susan, I hope you didn't get bitten last night. Enjoy the wedding. I think Fairhaven is about an hour south of us but I've never been there.</p>
<p> Every time I think of Wineglass, I think of the hotel lobby party. That was a lot of fun, hope to do it again some time.</p>

#2 ·
<p>Sudsy, nice job, hope you get that nap later.  Molly and Erin went to a haunted graveyard tour last night but Molly started throwing up and had to sit int he car with her friend's dad.  Poor kid.  I hope she feels better today and we don't all get it. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had a nice 6.1 this morning.  Just a little dull ache in teh calf.  Took it easy.  Going to PT later and then maybe run a couple more easy miles with E&M or at least with E if MOlly isn't up to it.  They have another meet Tuesday and won't have any practice before then so they need to get some miles in. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I missed most of their race until the very end yesterday.  Screwed up the timing.  Not sure how their times were yet. </p>

#4 ·
<p>Good afternoon!  I had a nice 4 mile run while waiting for the football game to start this morning.  Just got home from a hockey game and dh is at another rink for a game.  Poor dd was crying in the car because the coaches daughter has been making comments when she lets a goal in.  This is a team where some of the girls can barely skate and the defense is no where to be found half the time.  Dd stepped up and offered to be the goalie because they couldn't find one.  She is doing remarkably well and it irks me that this girl has the gall to make these comments.  I will be pulling the coach aside tomorrow to let him know that some of his players are not acting like team players.  Girls can be so mean!  Ds has never encountered this - even when he has had a horrible game.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds - have fun tonight!  I hope you snuck in a nap!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>John - I'm glad you are out there running again.  Your girls are doing a great job in track.  Think they'll do it again?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gaela - Have a great race tomorrow!!!  I will see you in April!</p>

#5 ·
<p>Andi, they're doing XC and I think enjoying it but not big fans of the training.  They don't quite have that killer instinct to just lay it all out there.  They sandbag a bit I think in races.   I had to really talk Erin into running a few with me.  Molly came along willingly despite being sick last night and still recovering this morning.  They made it through 3 pretty slow miles but I guess that's still better than nothing.  They liked having socksy along for entertainment.   It's a fine line between encouraging and nagging at this age.  Just hope they decide to run again next year.  </p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.