KickRunners.com

KickRunners.com (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Race Director (Suggestions) (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Forum Issue(s) and kudos :) (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68649)

Gingerbread 07-07-2010 07:04 PM

Switching the calendar to the Member's Calendar results in an error.

https://www.kickrunners.com/calendar/by_month/Member''s%20Calendar/2010/7 

The error reads:

An Error Was Encountered

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters. 

I'm wondering if it is because the name of the Member's Calendar actually has a " rather than an apostrophe in its name.

Anyway, it is not working right now.

Hemerocallus 07-07-2010 07:41 PM

OK, I know I'm old....... but I'm finding the new fonts really, really small and hard to read.  Is it just me?

ETA:  OK, just me............. reset a couple of things... better now.

satfix 07-08-2010 06:49 AM

Thanks - I reported it. You are correct - it's the "

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbread View Post

The error reads:

An Error Was Encountered

I'm wondering if it is because the name of the Member's Calendar actually has a " rather than an apostrophe in its name.

Gingerbread 07-08-2010 07:57 AM

Cool...

And where's the plain old smile smilie?  Am I missing it in the ones available?   I mean, sometimes one just wants to offer a very ordinary smile.

altoids 07-08-2010 08:28 AM

smile.gif

Totally old-school.  hmph.

Gingerbread 07-08-2010 09:25 AM

Right?  I would prefer that the typed version automagically change to the gif file, too.  I don't like having to open another box just to add a simple smilie.  If I know the code, I can just type it.  Otherwise, I'm waiting for a pop-up page to load, which is bound to be more of a wait as smilies are added.

Another problem with that is when I'm all luddite-y at home on dial-up, it can take forever for the smilie page to load (at least that was true of the old smilies we had).  So...I think it's something to consider.  I know things will get better as we go along.

Gingerbread 07-08-2010 09:30 AM

Oh, I cannot find where to customize what is shown on my home page.  I don't need to see my PM inbox, for one thing.  Well, that's the only thing I particularly wish to change right now.  Of course, I haven't looked through all the FAQs yet, either.

Because I'm, ah, working.  Yeah, that's it!  I'm working!!

satfix 07-08-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerbread View Post

The error reads:

An Error Was Encountered

This is fixed now.

Rich

Gingerbread 07-08-2010 10:54 AM

Nifty!

Gingerbread 07-08-2010 10:55 AM

'cept there's nothing in it sad.gif  No birthdays = no parties!

Sadness.

altoids 07-08-2010 11:07 AM

Look again!  biggrin.gif

Never mind, I put a party on the race calendar, and decided that was probably not appropriate.  sad.gif

willrun4chocolate 07-09-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemerocallus View Post

OK, I know I'm old....... but I'm finding the new fonts really, really small and hard to read.  Is it just me?

ETA:  OK, just me............. reset a couple of things... better now.

I'd like to know what you did please!

jenna 07-09-2010 08:04 AM

Quick question regarding the "follow member" setting.  aka the stalker setting.

Is there a way to block certain people from following you?  That whole thing just seems a little creepy.  There are 1 or 2 I'd like to NOT get notified any time I do anything.  Is that possible?

satfix 07-09-2010 08:07 AM

I will check with the developers for you. I'm going to guess that if you're invisible - then that would be disabled.

Thanks

Hemerocallus 07-09-2010 08:36 AM

Willrun4chocolate.... not sure I remember ('cause I'm old and have limited capacity in this noggin), but I adjusted something under View on my Menu bar at the top.  Been fine ever since.

Two things though that I'm still having problems with.  Like others have mentioned, I can't delete my old signature line.  There's no button to modify the signature (and no, I'd never ponied up for Sponsor status), and it's not turning off like some others have reported. 

Also, when I open a thread, I have to scroll way down to get to the first post.  there's a good 2-3 screen's worth of blank page on top.  What gives?

Oh, yea and almost forgot again........ (two things, no I mean 3 things)...... (nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition).... I find that the Go to First New Post function doesn't always work properly...... been sent to earlier pasts of the thread, and also to posts way past my last visit.

tomwhite 07-09-2010 08:53 AM

...rich//.......can we get our Old Tag Line back at Masters??

''We're Old, and we know everything about running......''

it was funnier,

and at our age you go for Funny.

thanks.

satfix 07-09-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemerocallus View Post

Willrun4chocolate.... not sure I remember ('cause I'm old and have limited capacity in this noggin), but I adjusted something under View on my Menu bar at the top.  Been fine ever since.

Two things though that I'm still having problems with.  Like others have mentioned, I can't delete my old signature line.  There's no button to modify the signature (and no, I'd never ponied up for Sponsor status), and it's not turning off like some others have reported. 

Also, when I open a thread, I have to scroll way down to get to the first post.  there's a good 2-3 screen's worth of blank page on top.  What gives?

Oh, yea and almost forgot again........ (two things, no I mean 3 things)...... (nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition).... I find that the Go to First New Post function doesn't always work properly...... been sent to earlier pasts of the thread, and also to posts way past my last visit.

Thanks for the feedback:

On the signature - the developers will be running a script that will delete signatures for non-sponsor users. During the transition, all the signatures came over. The default setting for this platform is "Signatures Active" but the permissions are set that only sponsors have the option. So, they'll do a 'sweep' of the non-sponsor signatures and delete them for us. If you ever decide to subscribe, then the option will be activated and you can then choose to use the signature.

On the first post issue: I will notify the developers of this (though they are reading this thread as well) - Have you tried going to the threads from the home page? Where it shows 'recent activity'? These are all the threads to which you've already posted or are subscribing to. When you click from there, the software should take you to the last unread thread.

We will keep working on the bugs/issues.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rich

satfix 07-09-2010 08:59 AM

It's there already? on the main forum page. Do you not see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwhite View Post

...rich//.......can we get our Old Tag Line back at Masters??

''We're Old, and we know everything about running......''

it was funnier,

and at our age you go for Funny.

thanks.

em73 07-09-2010 11:23 AM

did the Ignore feature go away?  I can't find it anywhere.  sad.gif

altoids 07-09-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by em73 View Post

did the Ignore feature go away?  I can't find it anywhere.  sad.gif

If you click on the name of the user, you should be able to see an "Add to Ignore List" on the left menu... try that.  

Gingerbread 07-09-2010 11:48 AM

and how does one turn off the stuff on the right side of every page, the reviews, what users want and all?  I understand having this stuff on the front page, or even with the forum list, but it's on every. page.  Even within a thread.  Or maybe one can decide to turn tags on or off or show them at the top or bottom of the threads?

They squish the posts to the left, which I find irksome.

Timr1 07-09-2010 01:36 PM

Color Contrast and readability.

Rich - we went through this exact same thing over on the EpicSki migration.  Can you ask the huddler people to replicate something equal to the EpicSki Classic Skin?  It has a lot more contrast and is similar to our old kick scheme.  Currently here on Kick, there are no skin options, but skin options do exist on the EpicSki site.  Since both are using the same software platforme, it shouldn't be too difficult to replicate. 

Not related to that, I got to know via the forum a few of the huddler folks when we did the transition over at EpicSki.  A couple even went out to Epic Ski gatherings.  I need to poke around and see if any of the same people are invovled.  The Huddler people were very nice to deal with.  And the nashing of teeth eventually died down and people moved on with the business of talking about skis and planning trips. 

Thanks,

Tim

bap 07-09-2010 02:02 PM

Its all too bright. It hurts my eyes.

satfix 07-09-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post

Its all too bright. It hurts my eyes.

We're working on this

Brew_Dad 07-09-2010 05:29 PM

When I click on a thread topic it loads the new page but puts me at the bottom of the page.  I then have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to read posts in their proper order.  If the thread is multiple pages, the "Next" link loads the next page, but also puts me at the bottom of the page.

Does anybody else have this problem?

FWIW, I'm on a Mac running Firefox 3.6.6 and Snow Leopard