New Forum Issue(s) and kudos :) - Page 2 - KickRunners.com

#26 of 74 Old 07-09-2010, 05:32 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Likes Earned: 28
Likes Given: 52

Well, something I love about the new software is the little plus sign on the subscribed items list on the home page.  It's a nice way to get a quick view of new posts to see if they're worth responding to or reading further.  Good stuff :)

This post is not meant to offend, demean or alienate anyone in any way, and if it did so please contact me by PM so I can rectify any offense as may be fitting. The opinions stated above are the sole property of the poster and in no way represent the opinion of this website or its members.

Run,...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#27 of 74 Old 07-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 172
Likes Given: 48

ooo, I also love that we can give posts a thumbs up!

altoids and Gingerbread like this.
#28 of 74 Old 07-09-2010, 06:44 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by em73 View Post

ooo, I also love that we can give posts a thumbs up!

I approve of this post.  I give it one thumb up!

altoids likes this.

This post is not meant to offend, demean or alienate anyone in any way, and if it did so please contact me by PM so I can rectify any offense as may be fitting. The opinions stated above are the sole property of the poster and in no way represent the opinion of this website or its members.

Run,...

#29 of 74 Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Likes Given: 22

I thumbed up your thumbs up!

Gingerbread likes this.
#30 of 74 Old 07-09-2010, 06:52 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

We can change our thread titles!

Run,...
#31 of 74 Old 07-09-2010, 06:52 PM - Thead Starter
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoids View Post

I thumbed up your thumbs up!

Don't think you're getting off thumb-free, little missy! :D

Grizzly likes this.

Run,...
#32 of 74 Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 11
Likes Given: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by satfix View Post
On the first post issue: I will notify the developers of this (though they are reading this thread as well) - Have you tried going to the threads from the home page? Where it shows 'recent activity'? These are all the threads to which you've already posted or are subscribing to. When you click from there, the software should take you to the last unread thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_Dad View Post

When I click on a thread topic it loads the new page but puts me at the bottom of the page.  I then have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to read posts in their proper order.  If the thread is multiple pages, the "Next" link loads the next page, but also puts me at the bottom of the page.

Does anybody else have this problem?

FWIW, I'm on a Mac running Firefox 3.6.6 and Snow Leopard

I'm also still having this problem (as posted in one of the threads in the PRT.) I'm in FF on Windows Vista. It never goes to the beginning or the right "first new post" when I click on those buttons. Always goes to the end. Only thing that works is the "View first post" link at the bottom (and top- but it doesn't take me there when I open a thread).

#33 of 74 Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 101
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_Dad View Post

When I click on a thread topic it loads the new page but puts me at the bottom of the page.  I then have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to read posts in their proper order.  If the thread is multiple pages, the "Next" link loads the next page, but also puts me at the bottom of the page.

Does anybody else have this problem?

FWIW, I'm on a Mac running Firefox 3.6.6 and Snow Leopard

I'm getting this, albeit intermittently.  A bit ago I seemed to be happening consistently.  Then, I had weirdness (lost cursor, etc.) when trying to post to this thread.  I ended up rebooting and logging out and back in.  Then I was able to go into several threads and go to a page in a thread and stay at the top.  Then, I came here looking for Brewdad's original mention of this issue.  I clicked on the 2nd page in the thread, and immediately ended up at the bottom once the page loaded.  Weird.

I'm running Firefox 3.6.6. on Windows 7 64 bit on bootcamp (machine's about a year old).

I'm also not a fan of the real estate taken up by the reviews.  (Looking to the left all the time literally hurts my neck due to an old injury from when I was hit by a car while biking.)  I also realize we can't have everything we want in life, and that I can keep KR in it's own window (instead of a tab) and float that screen off to the right.  It's not (my) ideal, but it's workable.

Again, thanks for the hard work.  I'd call it "tireless," but I'd be willing to be you're all pretty tuckered by now.

#34 of 74 Old 07-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4

I heard something about a Mobile view. Is it done yet? If so, I can't find it!

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#35 of 74 Old 07-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 16
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdCo View Post

I heard something about a Mobile view. Is it done yet? If so, I can't find it!

Check the Archive area and read the post called, "Transition Update".

Thanks

#36 of 74 Old 07-11-2010, 05:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4

Thanks for the updates Rich!, One comment. I and a lot of people browse from the road a LOT.  As it works now, site is unusable from the blackberry.  this is not a dig or a statement on the content or layout, simply a fact that the pages take so long to load due to the way it is belt it take so long to load a page.  Is it at least possible to turn things off to shorten the load time?

I'll be honest, this is a huge amount of time for me that I'm online, especially during the weekend, so it's very disappointing not to be able to use it effectively.  Even the old Non-mobile template was faster.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by satfix View Post

Check the Archive area and read the post called, "Transition Update".

Thanks

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#37 of 74 Old 07-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Special Member

A mobile template is high on the Huddler Platform List of releases. I just don't know when it will be available. I understand the importance and will do what I can to assist in getting us to a mobile platform. 

And, I don't take your comment as a 'dig' - Thanks for understanding and your patience.

Best,

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdCo View Post

Thanks for the updates Rich!, One comment. I and a lot of people browse from the road a LOT.  As it works now, site is unusable from the blackberry.  this is not a dig or a statement on the content or layout, simply a fact that the pages take so long to load due to the way it is belt it take so long to load a page.  Is it at least possible to turn things off to shorten the load time?

I'll be honest, this is a huge amount of time for me that I'm online, especially during the weekend, so it's very disappointing not to be able to use it effectively.  Even the old Non-mobile template was faster.  

#38 of 74 Old 07-14-2010, 04:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Likes Given: 3

what about stickie threads?

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

#39 of 74 Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76

In the old forum, you used to be able to embed a link right into text by doing this:

[ url = www . whatever . com ] Your text here! [ / url]  (without the spaces).  Then Your text here! would be the link, and you wouldn't see the actual web address.  I can't seem to figure out how to do that now.

#40 of 74 Old 07-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 5

Theia.  It's actually quite easy. 

Let's say you want your link to be "LOOK HERE FOR STORY", enter that text, then highlight it, then go to the icon just to the right of the bullets, the one of the world with a chain.  Click on that, and you can enter the url of the link there.  Once you hit "OK", the link will be made and your text will work as the link.

Purveyor of Awesome since 1958.

#41 of 74 Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76

Thanks, Griz!

#42 of 74 Old 07-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12

Satfix - where are the PDF files for the training plans?  The Articles section only has the threads associated with them but not the file that has the weekly mileage.  Specifically I am looking for Merigayle's 50K training plan...thanks.

#43 of 74 Old 07-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 31
Likes Given: 5

Rich has the PDF files and is working with the developers to put them in an accessible location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkschiller View Post

Satfix - where are the PDF files for the training plans?  The Articles section only has the threads associated with them but not the file that has the weekly mileage.  Specifically I am looking for Merigayle's 50K training plan...thanks.

Purveyor of Awesome since 1958.

#44 of 74 Old 07-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkschiller View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post

Rich has the PDF files and is working with the developers to put them in an accessible location.

I do have them downloaded and can email you a copy. I plan on adding them to the wiki. If you'd like a copy of the training program, just drop me a note and I'll forward to you.

Rich

#45 of 74 Old 07-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 12

Satfix I sent you a PM w/my address to email me a copy but I don't know if it sent it...it gave me a window that said the number 503 and it is not showing up in my sent mail.  Let me know if you got it.

#46 of 74 Old 07-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Special Member

Hi Lisa - Can you try again? I never got it.

Thanks

(and sorry!)

#47 of 74 Old 07-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2

How come when I get a PM that DOES NOT have a title, I can't open it to read it?  All my other PM's that have titles I can click on the title to read it but I got one this mornign that didn't have a title and I can't figure out how to open it completely.

Thanks,

Eric

#48 of 74 Old 07-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Special Member

I will look into it for you.

Thanks

#49 of 74 Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Addicted Member

Likes Given: 2

Thanks Rich,

I am guessing how I described the issue made sense.

#50 of 74 Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Addicted Member

Location: Firmly Atop The Upper Echelon of Mediocrity [South Jersey]
Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 22

Speaking of PMs ... I STILL can’t dump my PMs … I can send them from the Inbox or Sent box to the Trash, but I can’t delete them from THERE!!! I Select ALL and click Delete, but they're still sitting there ... mocking me

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page