Montreal Kicksters..... & Active/CR refugees - Page 61 - KickRunners.com

#1501 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Good Morning,

Finally got off the treadmill and went outside Tried out my new NIke Zoom and style on the road. ran for just over 30 minutes. Back and hip are complaining a lot less over the last week but are still reminding me to be good. traced my run on "Map my run" 3.5 mile a 5.25 min/km pace.

Have a good day it's nice and warm out with a little humidity.

Sally don't think I will be able to make it to Hurley's.

Roly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1502 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 11
Good to hear you're back outside!
#1503 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Df7
Advanced Member

Good news Roly. smile.gif

Heading out the door in a minute for the cookie plant loop, about 5k, haven't run in a couple of days. Really looking forward to a couple of calmer months with little df on summer break.

No Hurleys for me either Sally. Have a great weekend everyone - fly

Back - whoa, hoomid but I'm not complaining. Left the house on a Stefie Shock tune, came back in the rain to the Doors's LA Woman. biggrin.gif Not far, not fast but its all good. Garage sale weekend, roll_eyes.gif, got to watch out for the kiddies and the drivers..antique sale at the park.

Went over to the track where I shared with one rollerblader and then a wheelchair athelete...as she pulled by me twice I had a chance to glance at the adapted chair and her technique. She had a companion who ran while she did her thing.

As it was raining I cut my loop shorter so I don't know what was baking at Dare today smile.gif .

#1504 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 09:31 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that race is next weekend. Who's in for that one? I might go, it depends if I stay at the chalet or not.

And TB, I don't think your usual long run at the Piste Gilles Villeneuve is a good idea this weekend.
#1505 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Hot and humid this morning. Ran my regular route to the clock tower and back and I was suffering. More effort and a longer time to completion.
I was drenched in sweat and I could feel the salt on my arms following the run. I was out early. Can wait to see what tomorrow brings for the long run that starts an hour later.

Roly: I use the map my run site as well. What I enjoy is the km splits andthe elevation map.

RG: Aww... and here I was looking forward to chasing the F1 cars. I've chartered out an alternate route:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-s...l/490044166949

Finished my prep package of for the Midsummer night's run (30km) this August in Toronto. Just printed out all the maps and directions to the site.

Have a good one.

TB
#1506 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 12:37 PM

That 8km run that I did at 10 this morning was zillion times more tough than the 25.6km I did yesterday running mt-Royal.
#1507 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Hello,

I think it is time for me to give a beep before there are rumors that I would have fallen out of the universe. I am alive but busy switching to a new place and a new job. Thursday, the moving company picked up my stuff. Tomorrow, I will follow to the new place myself. I will keep you posted where this is once I have arrived (if I manage to connect). Until then you might guess. Take care

Ralf

Don't drink and derive
#1508 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 02:14 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 12
still not running...... sadly cleaned my pool for last time this morningsad.gif...... the movers are heresad.gif ...... gonna miss this placesad.gif.... and gomez will miss the pool..... but the new home will be just swell toobiggrin.gif ....... I've seriously had it with packing..... not to mention contractors renovating 2 bathrooms.... and where's the mrs as all this is going down...... MILAN! I get these little texts every now and then asking how's it going.....roll_eyes.gif

there's only one thing for it Alice......

enjoy the weatherbanana.gif

the experiment's on holduhoh2.gif
#1509 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Df7
Advanced Member

Could it be ? Say it is so...svp. Chatted with TB on our way over to the theatre this week about the "possibility of"....oooh, keep us posted.

Grommit - hear ya, loud and clear - it was my summer from **** last year. The next time I move - thinking of putting a sign on the front lawn that says " just come in and take it all" - no packing worries biggrin.gif .

TB, Gag, gotta tell ya guys I LUV THIS HEAT. The only thing to do I guess is run earlier in the day or late evening ...back to my chores and maybe a beer once I'm finished. cool.gif

Gag - Bruno is next weekend, fathers day, and its a nice event.
#1510 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 02:35 PM - Thead Starter

still not running...... sadly cleaned my pool for last time this morningsad.gif...... the movers are heresad.gif ...... gonna miss this placesad.gif.... and gomez will miss the pool..... but the new home will be just swell toobiggrin.gif ....... I've seriously had it with packing..... not to mention contractors renovating 2 bathrooms.... and where's the mrs as all this is going down...... MILAN! I get these little texts every now and then asking how's it going.....roll_eyes.gif

there's only one thing for it Alice......

or maybe..... d'ya wanna flake in that, luv?

enjoy the weatherbanana.gif

the experiment's on holduhoh2.gif
#1511 of 6206 Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
DF: I am a closet heat freak... I HATE running in the cold because my joints are cold and can't warm up fast enough for the impact. In the summer I have no problem because they are warmed up. Even though I sweat like crazy...
#1512 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
I'm racing today! AAAAGGGHHH!! sad2.gifsad2.gifsad2.gif

Sally uhoh2.gif
#1513 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Me too. Two Mountains......it's gonna be a scorchercool.gif
#1514 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Special Member

Hydrate, Sally HYDRATE!!! And by that I don't mean drink the water you're swimming in!

You'll be just fine... And happy once you get to the run part!
#1515 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Df7
Advanced Member

Yep, already is - drink, drink drink. Me, dumb ass roll_eyes.gif left the house for an hour and figured, early enough, not bad, won't carry anything. Now I feel like sticking my head under an open tap.

Good luck on the races, let us know how you make out...smile.gif
#1516 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Tough day to race...

The heat really got me.

I tested out a new fuel in preparation for Val Morin. I upchucked the stuff after 15 minutes. Bleh. Had to drink water for about 45 minutes before I could start nibbling on a clif bar. Ate the clif bar a bite at a time over about an hour and drank about four bottles of water, but I still bonked at 3 hours. I think my legs are not ready for the kind of beating you get in the trails.

My route started in Verdun, went up to the cross by Atwater and trails west of the Shriners, then I got lost in the cemetery for about 40 minutes and then found my way out to the trails above CEPSUM, where I ran up and down a couple times. I headed over to the tam tam statue for more water then decided to head home since I was feeling like crap.

Now that I got thoroughly whipped, I won't be running in Val-Morin. sad.gif Maybe another year...
#1517 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Special Member

Don't fret there are other races and next year I may be able to join you at Val-Morin. Note that the heat/humidiry today is probably the main factor. So go for that race in Lake Placid if your still up for that endorphin rush.

Great job anyway 3 hours on the trail on the mountain going up and down is not easy.

Roly
#1518 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 02:03 PM - Thead Starter

.....kz, [merc, roly & fly will always back me up on this.....] your 3 hrs of exploration today, complete with barf/discomfort was way more valuable than some 5 hours of perfect/gentle jogging in ideal conditions..... coz that's the run that never happens! .... this is the whole point of what we're trying to achieve on the darker side of running...... we seem to put ourselves into the situation where our bodies/mind/souls have to go just a little deeper than just dealing with cramp, blisters, sunburn & bent muscles..... ask roly @ mile 41 pittsfield, ask merc @ any given moment...... and we're OK with that... I can feel you nodding
So you had a wonky run today......big deal.... this is not excuse to dip out on VM..... if your not fit enough...that's another matter... but if you can do a marathon you can do 50Kms of trail...... just do it slower/smarter...... I'm gonna bet that you started out today like every other run..... fatal error

if i ever get my running/life back.... we can have a look at how to tackle one of these things.... but you may figure it out on your own in the meantime....

back to the packing....

check out rozsavage..... the girl's got balls

g&g
#1519 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
I'm back. uhoh2.gif

Sally
#1520 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Special Member

Sally... Email me or call me.

Congrats, you got your first one of the season out of the way and you found your equipment! What's the plan now?
#1521 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Hot and humid this morning. It was nice seeing so many people milling about parc Jean Drapeau. The conditions were difficult but manageable. I started slow and was able to resist the urge of going faster. That saved me in the second hour when condition deteriorated. Fatigue set in and I ran out of gas just as I finished.

I'm really pleased with the course I designed. Definitely the most picturesque by far with a minimum disruption of pace and a good balance of incline/decline.

Have a good one everybody

TB
#1522 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Special Member

biggrin.gifHi I'm Roly and I approve this trail running advertisment.biggrin.gif
#1523 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Df7
Advanced Member

Any news from Mercury ?

ditto on the trail racing ...its a very different environment, something to be experienced - wish I had the fitness level that Gro mentions to pull my ole arse through one of these.
#1524 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

One bad run usually doesn't throw me off much, but since I have zero trail experience, it's is eating into my confidence.

You're right though, I probably went out way too hard. I could have stayed on the trails and walked loads but I wasn't sure it would be worth it. I had to walk most of the last 3Ks anyways...

I am for sure going to enter one of these events, just not sure when...
#1525 of 6206 Old 06-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Special Member

KZ I'm going to send you a photo of Gro and me trip to Pittsfield last year this was near the race site, so you get an Idea of just how beautiful the area is.

Bought myslf a new toy today. Maybe I should try and come by some of your races now to take photos. An early fathers day gift.

http://imaging.nikon.com/products/im.../d60/index.htm

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page