Montreal Kicksters..... & Active/CR refugees - Page 52 - KickRunners.com

#1276 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0
Likes Given: 0
Ok, I know it's not Friday yet, but nearly. I have to share this and since it comes from a German site, chances are that it hasn't passed here already. If you are looking for a new appllication for your treadmill watch this:

http://www.laufgott.de/bilder/laufband.jpg

Don't drink and derive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1277 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 11:20 AM

Ralf: interesting adaptation. Heyy... check this fun hike in Spain (with speakers on):
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562
#1278 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 11
MLC, those look like edgier versions of Montreal streets. Maybe the Turcot interchange will look like that soon.

I killed my workout this morning. Okay, these times may not be fast to some, but I'm happy with them. smile.gif

4 x 1,200m intervals, 5:10, 5:04, 5:04, 5:07, dropping 15-20 seconds from my previous times. I must have been doing something wrong before. This is only the third interval workout I've ever done for running so I'm slowly adapting to this kind of pain.

Years ago (decades almost) I did a lot of intervals on a bike, but I don't remember getting the gag reflex during 5-minute intervals. Anyone else get this? I came close to puking this morning. Bleh.

#1279 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 12:33 PM

KingZ: How much rest in between your 3-laps ?
#1280 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
You're not alone ... intervals make me want to puke too.

Sally
#1281 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

MLC: Full rest between each interval. Walking, jogging, crouching, standing with hands on hips, standing with hands on head, standing with hands over mouth, etc. for about 3 minutes.

SS: Sorry you feel the same, but it's kind of good to hear it.
#1282 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

KZ: I've been wearing the Asics Gel Landreth for the past 2 years. Prior to that, I wore was the Asics Nimbus for 2 years as well. Moving to a lower, lighter profile shoe is something of a natural progression for me. Moving from an 11 ounce to 6.6 is a significant leap but I'm only using them for track workout. There is no sense in using them for long runs at this point.

In the little time that I've run with them, they have pointed my inefficiencies. My left heel is slightly sore, which that I'm more of a midfoot striker on my left over my right. The balls of my feet are getting used to all the feedback from the ground. This suggests that I'm driving my feet down instead of letting them fall naturally. All the cushion in Landreth, immunised my feet from the sensation of the ground. Mind you, I'm a fiend for technique so if you do consider a minimalist shoe, running technique is something that should be evaluated.

This new found awareness gives me something to strive for.

I choose the Landreth over the DS Trainer as the DS Trainer is made for runners who pronate. I tried a pair the other day and did not enjoy the shank located in the inside of my arch.

Merc: Thanks for the feedback. My knee is much better now. Ran intervals on the treadmill this morning and it was more fitness that was the problem than my knee.

I'll be running the the 10km relay this Satuday in Baie d'Urfe with a friend. The proceeds are for cancer research. It's a Running Room event organised by Steve Allan. Merc do you know him? I believe he's a Phoenix runner. Any one else running?

TB
#1283 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 10
Likes Given: 1
So it ain't friday yet but what the heck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKnloiM-0Ns
#1284 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

TB: That's a big jump in weight. I think the Speedstar was the DS Trainer equivalent for the neutral crowd, but I might be wrong. There's a thread about this on another forum. The links inside that thread get a bit techy, but there's a lot of info about the new Speedstar.

I notice that my running technique changes enormously at different speeds and different levels of fatigue. The last 30 seconds of an interval is pretty noisy and my arms are windmilling all over the place. But the start of a long interval, I am a machine. Tight!

I pronate so I think the DS Trainers would be just right to test out eventually... not now... nothing new before Ottawa.

And I'm cheating for Ottawa: no beer.
#1285 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

lol that's pretty funny! Look my face! This no happy face!

Awesome.

I like Henry Chow.

By the way, I'm Chinese too, in case anyone might get offended by this.
#1286 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Special Member

No!!! Your too big to be Chinese.
#1287 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 12
........ hmmmmm, having strained, stressed, bruised, twisted, inflamed and generally buggered up most parts of my old corpse in the nae of running.... I now know when to take a day or two or three to let something fix itself.... the knee still is stiff, so I'll wait til saturday...roll_eyes.gif

meanwhile..... I splurged on one of these and one of these
so that I can take it to the next adventure....... and as a test here's 38 seconds of pure gomez

is it the weekend yet?

g&g
#1288 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Df7
Advanced Member

A run up the snake, Olmsted, one loop and down. Cloudy, windy, more cyclists then runners. As I passed the lake on my way down, sun came out for an instant, very pretty the way the area was lit, including St Josephs in the distance. Quiet around the lake perhaps because it was windy and cooler.

Salut Ralf - enjoy the weekend everyone - fly
#1289 of 6206 Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Special Member

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Soooo cute!!!!! Please post more videos of Gomez!!!!!! He's so adorable! Looks very independant too!

So is that a chinese parent or what?!! Haha that Henry Chow dude is funny... I'm waiting for TB and SS to comment... wink.gif
#1290 of 6206 Old 05-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Given: 4
Don't forget bending over and retching, tossing cookies, dry-heaving or what about lying down to avoid passing out or walking around doing that funny sounding whiny cry or snivelling from feeling like a lose from being so out of shape?

Sally sad2.gif
#1291 of 6206 Old 05-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Oh Gro, I'm so jealous.....where did you buy the video, on-line? I need one.

Ran the Outremont Hills this morning. De Courcellette St x 5. Sheer agony but so much fun. I needed that. Haven't done hill repeats there for 10 years. Quads screaming for oxygen, well, it doesn't get any better than that!notworthy.gif
#1292 of 6206 Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Merc: Oh wow, Courcelette! It brings back memories. I used to leave work early to make the Running Room Wednesday evening hill runs there. From Cote Ste Catherine all the way to the top. The back to Biloboquet for ice cream. Personally I prefer the mini danishes at Cheskie's on Bernard beside Parc Avenue.

J-C run this morning with PS. Lots of dirt and grit as there was heavy traffic and construction going on.

Have a good day and a better weekend

TB
#1293 of 6206 Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 AM

On a Friday morning? R U training for the Beijing marathon or what?
#1294 of 6206 Old 05-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Special Member

Ah yes, the road to Beijing... wink.gif
#1295 of 6206 Old 05-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Fun, indeed. Personally, I would have decided to wait for the next helicopter at some points.

Don't drink and derive
#1296 of 6206 Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 PM

I'M definitely not going for a hike with mlc
#1297 of 6206 Old 05-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Df7
Advanced Member

Whoa, did everyone leave town confused.gif ? Great weather this weekend, just got back from a run.

Left later so saw lots of other runners, cyclists, rollerbladers, dog walkers, a chap trying to put up a kite...windy enough.

Put in my "cookie factory" loop which is about 5k and 4 plus laps at the track and then headed over to the canal where a freighter was heading for the locks.

I ran over to the JC bridge to u turn, always on the lookout for the folks who fish there, no one this morning. I saw something moving on the ground and was cautious, the last thing I wanted was a ticked off gopher chomping on my leg uhoh2.gif... it was a small muskrat. I stopped to watch it eat and it didn't run, too busy stuffing its face. I can see why these were killed for coats, its has a beautiful reddish tint to its fur.

Overall nice run, had to stop and stretch twice, buggy left hamstring.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend folks - fly

PS - Thanks for posting that link Chops, I loved it and the track sent me looking for the Take California track by the Propellerheads.
#1298 of 6206 Old 05-11-2008, 12:10 PM

Nice report DF, exactly the kind of runs I like. But today is my day off and I'm stuck working in front of my computer. arrrrrrrrrrggggghhh! I'll try to go out in time for the 5 à 7

Have fun running wherever you like folks!
#1299 of 6206 Old 05-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Advanced Member

Ran the, "Crusade against cancer" 10km relay yesterday in Baie d'Urfe. It was nice to see familiar faces. PS ran first and I ran anchor. There were many twists and turns along the course. The race kit goodie bag was a pleasant surprise - Dr Scholls gel insoles. Not too shabby. Completed the 5km in 20min 40sec. Lots of work to do.

Ran 2 hours this morning and the conditions were just perfect. I can see that many people are taking advantage of the weather. As I headed to the F1 track. I found myself in the middel of an in-line skating race. On the way to the J-C bridge, I encountered a large group of cyclists.

Enjoy the day everyone.

TB
#1300 of 6206 Old 05-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Special Member

TB: Yes, today is the race I was going to do but opted to go out on my bike for a couple of hours instead... Next year!

Went to the lachine canal and stopped at the Atwater market for breakfast... !!! Am spending the afternoon at work... and maybe dinner by chinatown. Easy weekend...

Happy Mother's Day!! (DF, Anabelle, Silly, hmmm I'm bad at this... someone help me out here?!!! )

Première Moisson was doing alright this morning, sold plenty of pies and cakes!!!

Much nicer out this weekend than last! Let the summer begin!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page