Montreal Kicksters..... & Active/CR refugees - Page 3 - KickRunners.com

#51 of 6206 Old 12-24-2007, 12:40 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0
....well, MP .... in 6 years you've more than earned your stripes, and some!!. I love the Adirondack marathon too.... I was told not to do this one as a first one(2001) I can't remember which Kick runner it was, I'm sure she(maryt.... I think) were looking out for me.... I had no clue what I was getting into and trained as hard as I could, missed my BQ by 7 mins!!...... I signed up for/paid for the VT City Marathon once and got injured(couldn't walk!) I wrote a begging letter for a referral/waiver to the next year.... they refused ..... so I, like you made a mental note to nix that one for the time being....
....hmmm Haliburton, that was gonna be my first 100 (lots of loops), just the timing was off so I headed to VT. It's impossible to describe how beautiful the VT/50/100 are, your outlook on running will change.... I promise!! and I rarely make promises but this one I'll stake my reputation on (fwiw) it..... Mike Silverman(vt50) is the best, he has set up relays and halves to get peeps into it.... but with your into 45/75mpw (i'm good for about 30-40 most of the time) you need a whole one all to yourself!!
Roly's injuries..... I'm wondering if he was hurting more than me at the end of our night in Vermont, he said nothing ......100% pure scout!! The rest of my crew was awesome!! Roly's (crampons) fall off the side of an ice covered Mt Algonquin was spectacular..... Mr. Lambchops carried him back down.... another scout!!

As for your outfits ..... pink's pink... I'll go with black these days... looks slimmer! But merc, without doubt has the best frocks on this thread...... you've got competition Honey !!...

I think it's also worth a mentioning that I consider myself lucky to have spent a little time with/run in the same race as both jcumming & muddy

Really nice to have you onboard...

grommit ..... pressies all bar one are wrapped!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 of 6206 Old 12-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
Grommit,

I posyed this image some time ago in the Post Race Tent, and people liked it a lot biggrin.gif

#53 of 6206 Old 12-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 0
It's Christmass eve already. enjoy the day hopefully filled with family, friends and plenty of booze to cope with being with family and friends.

#54 of 6206 Old 12-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Addicted Member

Martin..tu me fais tourjours rire.

Grommit..Algonquin in winter huh?? I have climbed it several times but only in Spring, Summer or Fall. My running partner who just passed away used to do 3 night winter hikes up Marcy...but I was never invited sad.gif You really should give VT city M another chance...it will be my 3rd time running it this Spring . It is a beautiful race..run the samer weekedn as Ottawa...which I have also run...but VT is incredible..the crowd support is beyond anything I have experiecned...whole residential areas come out and serve buffets on their front lawns.

Roly...once you start running again regularly ...you should be able to get back to that goal weight

Now as for the frock talk...yes there may be others in frocks..but there is only one PRINCESS in a frock biggrin.gif

Happy Holidays!!

Whatever you can do,
Or think you can, begin it.
Boldness has power, and genius,
And magic in it.
- Goethe
#55 of 6206 Old 12-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 13
Likes Given: 1
Princesse, la photo de la bonne soeur mexicaine a été prise par Grommit, je l'avais trouvée sur son blog!
#56 of 6206 Old 12-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Addicted Member

Alors tu gardes toutes les photos que tu trouves ou que tu recois LOL Je me demande toujours ce que tu fais avec mes avatars biggrin.gif

Whatever you can do,
And magic in it.
- Goethe
#57 of 6206 Old 12-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Special Member

Merry Chrismas Montreal cool runners and kickrunners. icon_rendeer.gificon_santa.gif
#58 of 6206 Old 12-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

cool.gifMary Christmas everyone & happy trails.

BTW. To Grommit / Roly & our new " Princess, " I too have a running skirt, but it's pink on black. It will be revealed sometime this spring-when it's not too drafty! ha ha

__________________________________________________ ______________

"a man in a kilt is a man and a half......"
#59 of 6206 Old 12-25-2007, 12:00 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy the food, the drinks and the great time spent with family and friends.

wav.gif
#60 of 6206 Old 12-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Df7
Advanced Member

Good morning all, just got in from a waddle around the hood, windy, slick in some places but really quite lovely.

First 10 minutes had the wind in my face ugh.gif had me questioning my sanity, could have stayed in doors, but noooo....finally turned left into full sunlight which had me squinting to see on coming traffic roll_eyes.gif then another left into a dark street where the sun doesn't reach, blink, blink, blink...another left back in the sun on my right cheek bone. Another left gave me the sun on my back, I had my shadow for company and finally back in the wind full face.

I was overdressed, I now look a mess, hair standing on end and a red spot on my right cheek - but I feel good, hah ! biggrin.gif

Got me a headlight for Christmas from the little dragonfly, wore it through breakfast to her amusement...

Have a most excellent day - enjoy 'fly
#61 of 6206 Old 12-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Addicted Member

Good morning Montreal friends,

I am about to head out for a sweet little 6 mile recovery run. smile.gif

Have guests arriving at around 3pm...everyhting id ready to go so I have a couple of hours to run, shower and look purty biggrin.gif

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the best for the Holidays. It is gorgeous out there today smile.gif

Mercury...my most favorite color combinations...is black..with a touch of pink biggrin.gif I just ordered abrind new completely balck running skirt to wear with a bright pink race rtop that has black piping...should be sweet biggrin.gif

Unfortunately for today...it will be blak tights, black compression top and my pink running jacket biggrin.gif

All right...off to run

Ciao,ciao

Whatever you can do,
And magic in it.
- Goethe
#62 of 6206 Old 12-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Merry Christmas, happy holidays everyone.

May Santa bring everyone an injury free year of PBs in '08.

TB
#63 of 6206 Old 12-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Addicted Member

Hey Peeps...some of you may want to participate in this biggrin.gif

https://www.kickrunners.com/forum//sh...ad.php?t=17185

ETA..I did my run..it was non eventful smile.gif

Whatever you can do,
And magic in it.
- Goethe
#64 of 6206 Old 12-25-2007, 03:16 PM

Merry Christmas, and happy and safe holidays to all my old MTL CR friends.
surprised.gifccasion5:

I miss you guys. sad10.gif

When are we going to meet on the West Coast for a marathon or a HM? dontknow.gif

Take care, y'all.

Mars
#65 of 6206 Old 12-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Special Member

Happy Birthday SS, Hope you have a great day. surprised.gifccasion6:

#66 of 6206 Old 12-26-2007, 02:02 PM

Happy Birthday SS...

Hope that you will have some great times with family and friends for this special day!

LA surprised.gifccasion4:
#67 of 6206 Old 12-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Df7
Advanced Member

Happy Birthday Iron gal - surprised.gifccasion4: - hope you had a terrifc day, well, its not over yet..hugs and kisses -

Thanks for the company this moring TB, lethargic was the over all feeling...then I did alot of walking to finish me off. Tomorrow morning will run around the neighbourhood, all I will have time for, kid sleep over tomorrow night, yikes !!
#68 of 6206 Old 12-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Special Member

TB still havn't looked at that new DVD. probable watch it tonight.
#69 of 6206 Old 12-26-2007, 08:30 PM

To Silly Sally,

My wife's birthday is one week before Christmas and I know a lot of persons whose birthdays are around Christmas. How many times I heard stories about getting a bigger gift, not able to organize birthday parties because of Christmas, etc., so I know THE IMPORTANCE of underline THE IMPORTANCE of this IMPORTANT day that is our birthday, especially, JUST ONE DAY after Christmas.

So, I wish you a Happy Happy birthday.icon_cheers.gifsurprised.gifccasion1:
#70 of 6206 Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member

MP....I have the cutiest little outfit that you might want to borrow some time.......

SS.....all the best......big sloppy kisses!
#71 of 6206 Old 12-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Addicted Member

Did 8 miles today..on a sort of sheet of ice..although the roads inthe West Island looked bare..there was this ever thin sheet of ice on them....weeeeeeeee....went the princess LOL

Happy Birthday SS...even though I am not sure who you are...I hope you have awonderful day

Mercury..did you name yourself after Freddy Mercury...from Queen...just asking... smile.gif

TB I saw you posted your run on my thread..woohoo...your name goes in the hat for the prize smile.gif

Roly..WTG on the run

Hi LA, RG and DF

OK..later gators

xox

Whatever you can do,
And magic in it.
- Goethe
#72 of 6206 Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Df7
Advanced Member

Done – not as slippery now HRH smile.gif, not much traffic in my area, enjoy having the streets in relatively good condition for December and not playing dodge the SUV. roll_eyes.gif
Dusting of snow in the forecast today and tomorrow…have an excellent day everyone, 'fly
#73 of 6206 Old 12-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Special Member

Merci La belle Princess,

Stopped after running 4 miles this morning do to some numbing pain in the right hip. Don't want to push it to fast. I'll work the cardio again tonight with a low impact 10 k row.
#74 of 6206 Old 12-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Ha ha.....you're all wrong......my late Granmother named me that at the age of two, because I couldn't stand stll, always on the go......ha ha.

I might even go for a run today, the first time in five days. Not motivated to get out so I don't. Roly, was that your house being rowed down the Back River yesterday?
#75 of 6206 Old 12-27-2007, 12:20 PM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 12
Libélula

¡muchas muchas gracias para el libro hermoso .... es perfecto!
biggrin.gif

spent yesterday in mexico city airport due to missed connection.... arrived late last night.... had to wear a sweater this morning.... a slight chill in the Pacific breeze...banana.gif

will start my hills/cobbles training later today...... más tarde, tal vez!! when it warms up a little...

Happppy belated b'day.... Sweetiesurprised.gifccasion7:
Roly... look after your tragic hips my boy you're gonna need them!
Must dash... there's a lounger and book waiting for me

later

Grommit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page