Montreal Kicksters..... & Active/CR refugees - Page 249 - KickRunners.com

#6201 of 6206 Old 12-11-2010, 10:43 AM - Thead Starter

Likes Earned: 12
Likes Given: 0

Turning the Page ... . ..

Back in December 2007, in a moment of frustration with Active ... . . [who had hijacked our old site and turned it into a a lame advertising vehicle] I started this thread, and that in turn became the Canadian Contingent .. . Anyway, it's been the best part of a decade that most of us have been running together and sharing our worlds within this board .. .. . when it was Kick, then CoolRunning and now in it's present form, I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have you all as friends ... . . virtual and in real time. 

Bonnie's recent loss was devastating news, most of us are parents and every one of us was deeply and badly shaken . . .. ..  I personally cannot imagine such a horror and am astounded by Bonnie's strength, having said that I know the she can call on any one us at any moment and we will do everything we can to help.

Can I propose a new page? in fact better still two .. .  Why two? one to cover our running, training & racing needs .. . . and the other one for everything else, recipes/humour/social etc .. . any suggestions or objections obviously will be ignored . . .. no seriously, input is welcome.

your humble moderator .  . .. . & his dog.

the experiment continues .. . 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#6202 of 6206 Old 12-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 0

Wonderful ideas Gro and of course you have my support. You steered us in the right direction coming here and I know we have no regrets about that. Bonnie has just been through an unspeakable tragedy that I think hit all of us very hard as most of us are parents and know full well how much we love & cherish our offspring. They are our anchors in life and all of our activities are mere diversions but they give us opportunities for friendship and togetherness that we might not otherwise have, sort of like a support group. I for one feel a kinship with all of you and really enjoy your company, ideas etc. and are a family for me and in times of crisis will be there for support. Thanks Gro!

#6203 of 6206 Old 12-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Likes Earned: 11

Hear, hear, Merc.

My tribe of runners is here.

#6204 of 6206 Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays out there. My recent stay was literally a whirlwind getting the surgery done - successfully I am told - and spending countless hours getting blood work involving coumadin injections and blood count that my head is still spinning. I just took my last self-administered injection of the stuff upon arrival home. On top of everything else I got hammered by gastro for 24 hours and missed my sons visit and daughters Xmas dinner with the in-laws-very disappointing because that is what xmas is really about but it was really sweet of my daughter to take me in for what turned into an extended stay beyond the one night originally scheduled.Be well everyone and know that you are my family too and I love & miss you all!

#6205 of 6206 Old 12-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post

Just wanted to wish everyone happy holidays out there. My recent stay was literally a whirlwind getting the surgery done - successfully I am told - and spending countless hours getting blood work involving coumadin injections and blood count that my head is still spinning. I just took my last self-administered injection of the stuff upon arrival home. On top of everything else I got hammered by gastro for 24 hours and missed my sons visit and daughters Xmas dinner with the in-laws-very disappointing because that is what xmas is really about but it was really sweet of my daughter to take me in for what turned into an extended stay beyond the one night originally scheduled.Be well everyone and know that you are my family too and I love & miss you all!

All the best to you Ian.

#6206 of 6206 Old 01-17-2011, 12:50 PM

sat 29 jan 2011  10 mile road race  colton  n.y. 9 am  start .

trophies 5 deep up to 70 + age group .

see northernrunner.org

wilhughson

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page