Weekend before T-Day : workouts!! - KickRunners.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By regiolanthe
  • 1 Post By Yo Sake

#1 of 6 Old 11-21-2020, 06:06 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
Ran 6.5 miles on a trail. Only one stop (needed by DH)!!!! I made sure I ran slow (being on trail helped) to avoid getting out of breath. HR still super high for the easy pace but low enough to get enough oxygen processed, felt like, not to starve for oxygen-carting red cell (hemoglobins?) I think iron pills are helping. At this point I’m happy I could run without headache and need for frequent walk breaks. I do believe speed will come back (to a certain level), once my blood gets healthy!

Had a nice dinner by outdoor fire. Salmon, kabocha pumpkin with maple syrup, corn ( can over the fire!). Dessert was an apple with brown sugar/cinnamon with fireball cooked in a foil over the fire. Yummy!! Looks like T-Day dinner with DS may be an outdoor, cooking over fire. We canceled a big family gathering, our 27-yr tradition. 😞.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-21-2020, 07:42 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
Can did not explode! Win!

Actually - that sounds really good. Are you the chef, Yo, or is DH?

Both kids will be home for Thanksgiving (actually picked up DD from airport tonight). She was masked and face-shielded for at least one of her flight legs - and in the airport - so fingers crossed... DS will be driving up tomorrow (he just had a negative test). So - anyway - hope all goes well.

Took the last two days off exercise. Should have Nordic Tracked yesterday - but definite lack of motivation and feeling mentally/physically exhausted (and yes - Trump does not help).

Did get out for a solo 50 today, and hope to go 40 with Jim tomorrow - oh ... and picked up that pair of x-country skis as well, so hoping for snow at some point...

Hi SBee/Zoj! (and the conversation is .... on hold).

Geo.
zojmn151 likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 11-22-2020, 02:53 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 230
Hi gang!
lots of work around the house - cleaning up, selling items, making crafts, and errands...which leads to lots of walking around and 15K+ steps each day.

Since DD has COVID, she asked me to run her Turkey Trot 5K for her, so planning out the week with a run on Thursday am. Good thing, I didn't sign up for one, right?

SB - that is quite the ordeal with both your feet and the EP. I have had surgery on my right foot for bone spur/bunion which helped immensely. Have a neuroma as well, but keeping it happy with soft orthotics, tho I think my bike shoes may be a bit small as it has started acting up. I have a new pair of shoes, which I plan on trying this week.

This will be the first Thanksgiving that we don't go anywhere - it was either my mom's or my sister's. SO...have all the fixins here and will see how it goes, lol

#4 of 6 Old 11-22-2020, 07:40 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
Zoj - I need to do some planning for cooking and decorating..... just don’t feel like it.

Geo - I prepared the food this time and he prepared the fire (Boy Scout speciality). The apple dessert is per his instruction. He has much more experiences cooking over campfire.

5 miles run. Didn’t need to stop again, yay me! Also I don’t think I have run two days in a row for a while. It was snowing while running and kinda pretty.

So we had this fan/light in our sitting area that hadn’t been working for like 10yrs... DH finally got motivated to work on it. After a few tries and errors, and several curse worlds, he figured out the wall controls was the culprit and fixed it. He can basically fix anything. I will keep him around Lol.
zojmn151 likes this.
#5 of 6 Old 11-22-2020, 09:20 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
42 mile ride this AM - Felt good. Jim ran into another bagelry rider on the way to meet me at rendezvous, so we stopped and chatted with him for 15 or so before going our own way to finish ride. Good to see the other guy though. Ex middle school science teacher that my son had many years ago.

Speaking of DS, his roommates managed to invite someone over who may be Covid positive, and DS foolishly ended up chatting with him instead of going to his room when he got home from his work road trip, so needless to say DS is not heading up here for Turkey week (boo). At least he found out before heading up (guess he was packing to go when the friend called with the news). Guess it will be Xmas the next time we see him - and at least we get DD's company for a week.

geo
#6 of 6 Old 11-23-2020, 09:27 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 136
Likes Given: 1
Well its encouraging to hear of positive big toe surgeries. I always come into these things "late" I had already gotten orthotics quite a few years ago, pt years ago etc but the doctors have a process. It seemed to fluster her when I pulled out my orthotics and pt exercises, still I will try gait analysis here, however my upper body is such a mess its hard to see how anything could be changed. I am to meet the pt in the parking lot if it isn't snowing, currently forecast is for single digit temps but no snow we are allowed inside I am just reluctant we shall see...

All weekend it was work on EP parts and walk between sessions plus wall yoga zoom class on sunday. The EP channels/benches etc are now ready to install except for one broken riser support. The liner is technically too big but I want to just make it work at this point (its #2) so we shall see. I think the slight oversize means its just kind of wrinkly on the sides but does not impact function if i can keep the bottom smooth.

Yo your campfire dinner sounds so good. I wish it would be warmer as there are a few people here in need of dinner I invited one to thanksgiving. We'll have her seated on one side of the room with open windows and a roaring wood stove between us. I can't figure out a way to add a second person safely so that's all I can do, temps in the single digits and light snow for tday is the forecast.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page