April 25/26 - Weekend Workouts! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 6 Old 04-25-2020, 02:22 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 224
April 25/26 - Weekend Workouts!

Well rest day of sorts....went for a walk with DD and then proceeded to take advantage of the nice weather and cleaned the boat. Now, I am ready to crash and it is only 5 pm!

My virtual "Quarantri" (REV3 event) kicks off today. signed up for the sprint and have a week to do it. the 3rd discipline is anything you want, provided it takes longer than 5 min. I might use the boat cleaning as it took me almost 2 hours! lol
12 mile bike and a 5K run need to be completed.....hmmmm....

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-25-2020, 04:50 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 352
Likes Given: 3
Good job on the Quarantri!! Cleaning takes serious physical work, especially cleaning a boat!

55min of hiking on a trail near the gown drop off location; came across no souls. Dropped by DD’s house to drop off a few things and for a quick chat.
Then in the afternoon, 2.5hrs ride on paved road/bike path with DH.

Another SNL from home tonight! Don’t miss it 🙂.
#3 of 6 Old 04-26-2020, 11:45 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 135
Likes Given: 1
all these virtual events look interesting but other than my virtual yoga wall class I haven't managed to get the attention to sort them out.
Yo was that a graduation gown? Thats a nice amoutn of riding and Geo jsut rackign up the virtual miles.

Around here the stay at home request (we don't have orders) and probably stay at home orders in other states has reduced the traffic on our road which leads to winter trial heads (and summer lake and trail heads but that's a month or 2 or 3 off). There are peopel driving aournd up here from Rock Spring (another county with an actual town) we can tell becuase each county has their own code on the lciense plate they are up on the weekends. Anyway its making riding on my "road" which is a county hihgway much nicer on weekdays when we dont' ahve fresh snow so I hope to get mroe road riding in before the gravel season begins.

Went out for a walk around the lake yesterday with neighbor J who drove her own car. We neoucntered another "neighbor (if you are within 5 miles you are a neighbor) as our roads intersected and then saw A riding as I was retuning, a surprising amount of people to see around here.

My current job wants us to wrap up (some horse trading with another potential sub that we cna't match as we have no horses in the race ) the next job can't fully start until I can go to their secure location for a briefing so I will have some partial down time from working. I am vastly behind on paperwork, there is the whole barn to sort out too but it looks like the work "slack' comes during mod season which is the hardest time to get much done.

So a new phase for me beings a bit out of synch with everyone else who has been off work for a month or more now. I also now have a freezer and a source of more raw materials (should have 40 lbs of chicken arriving to split with the community and 25 lbs of kale this week) so I will now turn to the paperwork/home chores/food making everyone else seems to have been at for the last 30-40 days!

So weekend workouts were that hike/walk (did I post it in a previous day) around new fork lake and 1 hour yoga class. Today it is raining in front of the house and sort of slush falling on the house with snow behind the house (the terrain slopes up from the front to the back ending at the continental divide, starting at the green river). I guess the house is ON the snow line. Anyway its not inspiring to go out in luckily yoga included a lot of lunges and planks and active movements

#4 of 6 Old 04-26-2020, 11:58 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 224
Wow SB that is great about the raw materials! I bought a 1/2 share in a local CSA for the summer. Actually splitting it with my friend, so that should be good. Can't wait.

So...today was supposed to be the 5K portion of my Quarantri...BUT I crashed big time yesterday afternoon (just after I started the thread - Lack of something! food? water? no idea, but all I wanted to do was lay down) and my right knee became super sore...SO given the environment we are in, even though I feel perfectly fine today, I decided another "rest" day was in order (that and DH told me I was crazy, so if I *did* go out, I'd never hear the end of it)...

I'll pick it up again tomorrow...

Hang tough peeps!
#5 of 6 Old 04-26-2020, 06:34 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 352
Likes Given: 3
SB - “gowns” I’m making is isolation gowns for hospital/first responders etc. check out “angels wear gowns” FB page.
Sounds like you are having much needed down time from work. With your energy and multitasking abilities, you will get a lot done!

3-hr hike on a trail we have never been on. A beautiful day for sure. Stopped by to help A&C’s ale house project. Was fed a nice dinner 🙂.
#6 of 6 Old 04-26-2020, 07:43 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 171
Last Th/Fri ended up being lazy days...

Yesterday was an 8 mile run with DD ... Maybe a mile/mile and a half on a local trail, w/lots of cars (seems like more than on a normal nice day... think people are starting to get cabin fever). Official pace was 8:52'ish, but probably a few seconds faster in actuality given the trail run part (avoiding rocks/roots and muddy spots, and a couple of hundred yards on a wooden plank stretch right next to a swampy/area beaver dam...

Today was meant to be a good ride for the last day of the Zwift subscription, but when I hopped on, it said I had 25km (15.5 miles) available to ride. Not sure why it didn't expire on the day - but just did the 15 miles and finished it off. Now I guess it's time to hit the road (unfortunate that it's raining 4 days this week ... boo!). Guess I could just cycle and watch TV - but can't imagine there's much enjoyment in that...

Other than that - the usual one day of shopping, some grass seeding/hay on top, house cleaning, and general relaxation (not enough of that lately!).

Zoj - hope you feel better ... Listen to your hubby!

Yo - wish I could say the same about our local trail! As I said - stir crazy people just wanting to get out...

Agreed SB - nice to have communal food... Enjoy the riding on quiet roads (I imagine they'll be much the same around here when I start to ride outside again). Definitely things have quieted down....

Geo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page