Weekend Workouts - April 4/5 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 6 Old 04-04-2020, 02:29 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 220
Likes Given: 171
Weekend Workouts - April 4/5

5 mile run w/DD today; avgd 8:10's or so. Last mile was second fastest (w/hill in there), so that was pretty good. Sun came out today - which was nice! Glad SB got her x-country race in - was talking w/DD about all her friends whose races got cancelled in April/May...

Rest day yesterday.

Tomorrow intend to go for a group ride on trainer; if not - at least a longer ride...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-04-2020, 04:30 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 351
Likes Given: 3
Sounds like one highlight of this period for you is to be able to spend quality time and enjoy outdoor run together. Awesome!

6mile solo run. We sewed like 10 more masks for DH’s family. But not without having to open up the sewing machine to clean up some repeated jamming (and you know how long those repairs take... grrr). And started working on the garden. Wanted to go for a long gravel ride but didn’t happen. Hopefully tomorrow.
#3 of 6 Old 04-04-2020, 04:42 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 135
Likes Given: 1
I was glad to get it in but we all had that feeling of it beingthe last "normal" event.
I was out today for 8 miles of warm sunny xc climbing buttes and skiing meadowns on a strong crust under some spring corn snow
so much fun I didn't want to stop til my legs started complaining.
I can't seem ot eat enough lately in part becuase a lot of food is hard to get but I notice it when I am out for a while and I noticed my pants fell down so much I started to get a sunburn there..

Glad Geo was out for a run!

#4 of 6 Old 04-05-2020, 11:29 AM
Special Member

I had my second virtual yoga wall practice today (sunday) its something about the crisis that is appreciated the virutal classes, I could never find a yoga wall class before but my socal instructor, who helped me build my first wall, started holding these last week. Its great to have someone to guide thorugh a practice and others to practice "with", and surprising to find where i've stopped moving and become stiff! The rest of the day will be dedicated to cleaning and bread making, I have been trading bread for eggs and meat and I am happy that I've figured out a high altitude sourdough that works well. Perhaps an afternoon walk will be in the cards. We had our first rain since early sept, jsut for a few mintues but the snow looks mushy and unpleasant today and its overcast (warm snow jsut now) so a good day for indoors activities.
#5 of 6 Old 04-05-2020, 07:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 351
Likes Given: 3
Hi SB!! Is the food shortage serious there? Hope you are finding decent alternatives to the food you wish you had. What’s “yoga wall”? Not just a regular wall you use for yoga, something unique?

It was a productive day. Got some work done around the house then we went for the “cafe ride” without a cafe stop 😞. Stopped by a friend’s house for a quick catch up from far and a few nature centers. 38Miles of good dirt road!
#6 of 6 Old 04-06-2020, 12:57 PM
Special Member

Yo! I think we have all the meat you cna manage and more and more chickens are laying so we have that and I have a lot of wheat I stock pile for making bread so I am trading, its produce in short supply and for now its more of a cautionary tale. In this modern world we have vitmain supplements and a bit of this and that to get us thoruhg but the older locals do big canning and freezing sessions in the summer when produce is pleantiful and I guess I should have tried harder to do so last summer. My little cutting gardens should begin producing in another week or 2 so no scurvy or whatever but it does add work to an already busy work day. I regret being too alte last summer ot get green beans to freeze and pickle, I said oh well we have grocery stores when told the bean harves was early and poor... So in summary not a serious shortage as much as an annoyance and disruption in "healthy " eating (SO who loves meat was begging for a non-meat dinner last night).

Yoga Wall is an outgrowth form Iyengar style yoga with support and props. It started with BKS Iyengar tying ropes to the barred windows of India (I took some classes there in the early 80s) and of course has grown into its own cottage industry with click in straps and props and premade walls. I started using a "wall" for traction perhaps 15 years ago at a yoga studio and eventually built my own with plates and straps from www.yogawall.com and to make a long story longer a good friend healed a bad back fracture with this style and now makes walls as a side business and helped me put together a really nice one for my Wyoming home
www.socalyogawalls.com The walls he makes can also be used for strength training and I have stretch bands and pilates springs I use on the wall as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page