Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Tuesday, 7 January - Workouts!

271 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Yo Sake 
#1 ·
Couch workout for me...gum surgery this am. I had hoped to be up early enough to get a trainer ride in, but my body had other ideas. Not a big fan of needles period, so the thought of needles in my mouth was not fun. So far so good with pain management, but I do have a headache since I really haven't been able to eat yet. I have a Fribble defrosting right now...

Yo - we have a condo at Mt. Snow, as both DH and DS are ski instructors there, so that our primary mountain. If they have an off weekend, we'll venture to other mountains in VT.

Flip - I would love a 3K commute! (56 miles for me)

#2 ·
Another quick 2mi run for me today in between meetings.

zoj: Hope you heal quickly! Surgery is no fun :( And I hear you on the long commute. For the past 3 years I've been commuting 55mi each way every day and it's been awful. It's one of the main reasons (ahem *excuses*) I've had for not working out. 2 hours each way in Bay Area traffic + a full meeting slate didn't leave a lot of time or energy for anything else. Fortunately I've just recently moved my desk to a closer office, so it's only 11mi away. Either an hour on the bus, a run-->25 min ferry-->run, or under an hour to bike (across the Golden Gate Bridge). It's changed my life :) .

#3 ·
Zoj - ouch, hopefully pain goes away quickly. You did tell us that you had a condo on a ski slope. Let’s hope we get some snow! We had a dust this evening but it will melt quickly...

Lunch time walk with DH. He is working from home these days so pushing him to get out with me. His toe gets sore still, it will take a while he gets back go running
Then after work, 5 miles. Yesterday’s acupuncture hasn’t made any differences yet. I’m going to give a chance tho. I’m debating to keep the neurologist appointment in a few weeks or not. I don’t want to take meds - what’s the point of going to see him..? Asking him to to order blood work to rule out the Lyme is still a good idea. Confirming it is totally ok not to take cholesterol meds and baby aspirin. Just don’t like the idea of paying over 100$ for that (high deductible plan)... I got to pay for acupuncture out of pocket.... What would you do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.