Tuesday, 10 Sept - Workouts! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 09:03 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 111
Likes Given: 209
Tuesday, 10 Sept - Workouts!

nothing for me today - annual physical and more hamstring PT...FIB grocery shopping and then a lake meeting tonight...

While this marked the 14th annual RIZO ride, I have only been doing some or all of it since 2010...THAT took me by surprise - I didn't think it had been that long. Anyway, (3) full RIZOs (~78 miles) and (7) to the second SAG stop (~53 miles). this year's effort wasn't the slowest - that happened last year...

Yes duct tape did the trick - we placed inside the tire wall, a thin but double piece. You can also use a folded dollar bill in a pinch (or so I am told). DH always has duct tape in the back of his car.

short 2.2 mile run late yesterday afternoon, after which I completely cleaned my bike and my son swapped tires for me. Need to re-lube and take it out for a quick spin before racing this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 05:32 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 216
Likes Given: 164
Another commute day - 16+ in and 20+ home for 37+ on the day.

Also went for a run with K. Turned in a respectable (for us) 9:45 pace for the 4+ miles. Had to compliment K - best he had done in a while (although he ran a 5K this past weekend at 9:36 pace). I'm pretty sure we ran at a negative split pace...

Just googled RIZO ride, and the first thing that comes up is your route on MapMyRide, Zoj I assume it's a ride that you and friends have been doing for a while, but not an organized event? What does RIZO stand for?

Geo
#3 of 3 Old 09-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 341
Likes Given: 3
Zoj - ahh that (duct tape inside tire wall) makes sense. A friend of mine fixed my blown up tire with power bar wrapper. Just like a dollar bill trick.

Geo - nice ride-run-ride one day!

2 mile walk during lunch. Then AA Track club workout. 12x( 300m hard/100m fast walk). Total 6 miles. It was hot - my HR hit 174. Solid run. Right hammy is a big concern.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page