Sept 7-8 weekend - workouts! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 1 Old 09-08-2019, 06:21 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 341
Likes Given: 3
Sept 7-8 weekend - workouts!

Very happy to see Maddie's great day at Kindergarten, Thor!!

Wow, what a weekend. Fargo Sub-48 bikepacking trip. It was 75miles of glorious dirt road with some singletracks and water crossing and just BEAUTIFUL northern Michigan's scenery. G3 riders were well represented at this great event (14 of us, I think). This was my second participation - the last year's event was pretty close to home and included some familiar routes with lots of places to stop to refuel we have ridden before. This year, the route was VERY remote. No store or gas station on the first day (50miles) other than a remote lunch spot in the middle that the organizer provided. Lots of sand at the beginning and I was fishtailing all over and worried that my Stumpy (2.1" tire) would have very long day. But luckily less sand for the rest of the day and I also got a good handle of it. Many rode plus or fattie - I can't imagine riding my Pony (pretty heavy even without gears). With almost 25lbs of gears, climbing hills were tough, but we had a all day to complete the 50miles! Camping site was awesome and campfire and a live guitar along with a few cold ones were just awesome. Today's 25miles were much easier, mostly crushed-limestone trail, though there were some serious hills at the end. I can't wait for the next year. Now I have a full set of bikepacking gears, G3 may organize our own bikepacking trip!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page