Labor Day Weekend - Workouts! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 5 Old 08-31-2019, 05:28 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 111
Likes Given: 209
Labor Day Weekend - Workouts!

Evening all!

40.8 mile ride this am...legs were feeling the after effects of waterskiing yesterday...a bit draggy ...but got the ride done. Last long one before RIZO ride next weekend...and yes, I am doing ~53 miles of it (to the 2nd SAG) providing the weather is good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-31-2019, 06:53 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 341
Likes Given: 3
Nice ride, zoj!! Sounds like you are mentally/physically ready for the RIZO ride, woohooo!!!

It was a beautiful day, but I got nothing.
Bad headache day.. boo. DH runs Labor Day 30K every year this Sat. and I normally hit the nearby singletrack as he runs and catch him for the last 3 miles or so to ride next to him. But I couldn't get going with this bad headache until later, and caught him just 10min before his finish. Stayed for a burger/beer/music and chatted with Mark while battling with the discomfort.
Then went to a party at a friend's lakehouse and chilled. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.
#3 of 5 Old 09-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 341
Likes Given: 3
Better day today! A group of us was planning to do some serious long ride (25mile dirt, some possible 20miles on singketrack then 25miles back), but the weather didn’t cooperate. So we pushed it to a mid-day start and ride on paved bike path. A little bit headachy at the start, but I didn’t want that to take a fun away from me. It was more at a social ride pace and it was FUN. FIB bonfire at the rider organizer’s house. 35miles. And massage.

#4 of 5 Old 09-03-2019, 05:41 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 111
Likes Given: 209
Yay Yo for taking care of you! Nice ride!

I ended up with an OWS on Sunday (~1/3 mile) and then a hilly 3 mile run Monday morning. Legs are feeling it a bit...
#5 of 5 Old 09-03-2019, 10:32 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 216
Likes Given: 164
Usual Bagelry ride - think it ended up being in hi-50's after riding to/from. Nothing on Sunday OR Monday... Sheesh!

Glad that you had a better Sunday, Yo. Always good to have fun...

Definitely sound ready for the RIZZO ride, Zoj. Glad you're rounding into shape for a highlight event... You didn't find a replacement tri, did you?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page