First weekend of August - Workouts! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 6 Old 08-03-2019, 06:40 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 111
Likes Given: 209
First weekend of August - Workouts!

Hi gang!

taking a break from house cleaning to eat some breakfast, so figured I would start the thread!

SB - Oh my! What is going to happen with all that ruined concrete?!?! and bears! quite the week!

Short swim this am to get the kinks out. About 1/3 mile. So wish I could do this year round but will enjoy it for the next 6 weeks or so...

plan is a long-ish ride tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 216
Likes Given: 164
Man - you are just having a rash of bad luck, SBee! This is the concrete for the barn foundation? Hopefully it's up before the winter comes around again!

A swim sounds pretty good around now ... although I'm feeling more spry than yesterday. Do you keep the lake house open all year, or is it seasonal?

63 mile ride this morning - fairly hilly (two good climbs - about 4000' climbing in all). Did get caught is pretty severe rain/thunderstorms at a little over the half-way mark - came in unexpectedly. Not fun riding when you can barely see (esp. on the descents). Time to wash the bike again... Also, went out to go home yesterday and both saddle rails had broken. Not sure how that happened! Had to re-adjust the clamp so the broken halves were secure... More bike parts. Sigh. Swapped out for an old seat for today's ride, but it's not that comfy!

Geo.
#3 of 6 Old 08-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 341
Likes Given: 3
Zoj - it must be nice just jump in a lake in front of you! Enjoy your ride tomorrow!

Geo - wet descent must have been a bit scary... did you say you now have a bike shop closer? Hope it’s a quick and inexpensive fix.

Mega headache this AM... couldn’t go OWS with club friends. After some errands, went to a nearby lake and swam for 1hr. It was beautiful! Between some housework, got a massage. And ran to a car shop to pick up the CRV. About 4miles. Lots of walk, headache just pounding my head 😞. I don’t know if this is really tension headache...

Well, now it’s official. DS transferred to a different school in Chicago. Loyola just didn’t work out for him....

#4 of 6 Old 08-04-2019, 07:47 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 216
Likes Given: 164
Yes - the wet descents were kind of hairy, have to agree - rain pelting in eyes and sunglasses off is not good... I'm glad that DS recognized he wasn't in the right place. Hopefully he finds the right community ...

4-ish mile run with DD this morning. Started off pretty easy/lazy for the first mile (8:30-ish) and then increased tempo over the last couple (8:02 7:45; 7:45). Overall 8:01 pace ... All things considered, better than expected for both of us.

Off to see Kurt Vile tonight (hopefully), mow lawn, grocery shop, etc etc...

Enjoy your Sunday!

Oh - and changing the saddle is something I can manage Only parts this time...

geo.
#5 of 6 Old 08-04-2019, 12:57 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 111
Likes Given: 209
I wish I could say "easy/lazy pace" and 8:30-ish in the same sentence! lol nice Geo!

I have raced twice in heavy down pour(s)....first time, T-storm while out on the course. HIM, so couldn't do much about it except ride through it. A bit scary to see lightning bolts coming down in front of you. 2nd time it was pouring before we even set up transition. Got a break in the rain just enough time to set up transition and then start the swim, so by the time we got out it was pouring again. Descents were super scary and I saw my share of crashes. My friend and I decided if we ever woke up to pouring rain on race day again, we'd skip it. Not fun at all.

~37.5 miles in the books this am. Felt much better, despite standing for most of the day yesterday with family over. Cousins reunion on my Dad's side. So good to see everyone that we vowed to do it again next summer.
#6 of 6 Old 08-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 341
Likes Given: 3
Geo - that’s my hope...

Zoj - nice ride! Do you train with others?

An early morning run with Mark...but I had to cut short and walked home due to a bad headache. This really stinks. A total 7miles or so. Beautiful morning to be out.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page