Coach Certification - KickRunners.com

#1 of 2 Old 04-07-2018, 12:45 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 136
Likes Given: 1
Coach Certification

So where I am planning to be for the next few years there are swimmers, open water and a great aquatic center but no masters (or other adult) coaching at all. I was contemplating getting certified by USMS (no actual LCS in the state) but having reviewed the training from USMS it doesn't seem all that useful and its all far away from me (which seems strange) USA swim is more rigorous and expensive but sort of only good for USA swim facilities. Finally there is Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (something I completed years ago) which is more comprehensive but geared to the pool. I was hoping to coach and train a group to do open water swims and though I should do the certifications while I am local to (well red cross and maybe some USA Swim) courses.

So what are your thoughts on getting certified. Would you as a swimmer/triathlete care? It doesn't seem that the facilities and authorities care in my new area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-10-2018, 06:53 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
I'm more likely to care about the coaches history, but certs help. I don't know enough about the differences. At least having the Red Cross gives people a sense of safety.

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page