Where is spring... April 7-8 weekend workouts! - KickRunners.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yo Sake

#1 of 6 Old 04-07-2018, 09:12 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
SB - are you making your own plan in China or a part of organized tour? My one and only trip to China (Shanghai) was pretty miserable due to a violent GI issue (my guess was brushing teeth using tap water). Be careful!

Early AM swim with Ann and Carol. 3000m. When motivation isn’t there, friends’ pressure and presence is a huge help mentally. I’m very grateful for them. M/S 8x100, 8x75, 8x50, 8x25 with 20sec rest.
Now driving to Chicago for DS’s college stuff....
regiolanthe likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 136
Likes Given: 1
Yo-we have a tour put together by the local artists my mother is going to see. They can't seem to tell us the full itinerary and they don't speak English but promise a translator so I am a little worried but I imagine we can figure something out. Its not a popular tourist destination for foreigners (I guess it is popular with the Chinese) so there isn't much in tour guides either. Its been a long time since I travelled last to Asia but I do remember to take precautions including tooth brushing and keeping your mouth closed in the shower. I am brining iodine tabs and one of those uv pens. When I lived in Nepal some expats brushed their teeth with iodine solution to kill anything in the mouth (also stains the teeth).

For various reasons none of my friends are working out this weekend. Since I am still recovering form my sinus blowout and travels as well as prepping I am going to try to get in several walks today and a swim tomorrow, I'll report back. IM Oceanside (a half) is today and I know people competing but it was too much to get down there to cheer so here's a virtual cheer!
#3 of 6 Old 04-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
Well ... winter lingered here in New England as well rain/sleet put a kibbosh on the group ride this AM. Also windy (please, for the love of God - stop!!!). May be getting a break into more normal temps next week. Went for a short, v. slow solo ride to check out the GPS. It worked (sort of). Tried some map feature "Surprise Me!" that I couldn't figure out - but seemed to work fine after giving up on that feature. For $70 - and a bit of set-up pain - it's a pretty nice unit. Big display for old eyes - beeps for turn-by-turn navigation. Some cool features. For someone who has never had a cellphone (beside a trackphone for one year), it's a pretty slick gadget . Anyhoo - 26 slow miles, with at least some nice scenery on Bay Road.

Will probably try to run tomorrow at some point.

Looks like Thor and Heather are enjoying some spectacular vistas. Hope to make it out to the Azores at some point...

Mike - VerticalScope has been running this place for YEARS (well .. not actively "running" it). Googling - I made a comment on them in 2014 (on a Ronbo post wondering about the uptick in ads). They seem to be the BORG of something-or-other. They bought out a bunch of forus/message boards.. and human interactivity has pretty much died out on a lot of them. At any rate - if they haven't managed to turn off the light in the last 5 years or so , I don't see any pressing need to do it soon (but who knows)>

#4 of 6 Old 04-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
5.7 mile solo run ... Just under 8 minute pace. Held 7:30 pace for the first couple of miles and then tanked for the last 3+. Also saw Blockers ... pretty funny for a raunchy comedy...
#5 of 6 Old 04-08-2018, 04:46 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
SB - sounds like an interesting adventure ahead of you and your mom!

Geo - glad to hear the eBay GPS worked well. And speedy run!

1hr gym workout with DH at a downtown hotel in Chicago. Speaking of comedy, we went to the Second City to watch the NPR parody, which was good!
#6 of 6 Old 04-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
hill repeats on Saturday with N1 and her BF. They stayed with the slow Auntie. He nows calls me Auntie. I feel honored.
Sun 2 hours on the bike on the trainer. DH even rode for over an hour beside me using zwift. He also selected a new bike.

Lots going on in the positive here!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page