Tuesday, Nov. 28 - WORKOUTS! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 06:05 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Tuesday, Nov. 28 - WORKOUTS!

Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Me...

3.25 mile walk. No run for me today. Boo. Too hungover from long weekend. I suspect I'll be this way the remainder of the week. I pushed the envelope, and now I pay. Nothing new --
it's how it is living with Lyme/illness.

Great day, friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 176
31 miles commuting (10.5 in - mid 16's; 20.5 home slow). Balmy morning ... actually, kind of nice for it to be so still (even though cold). Sight of the morning was a policeman with a car pulled over. Assumed a speeder, but the officer was helping change a young woman's flat tire ... So, kudos to the Durham police..

DD dropped off safely and back at school.

Also - scored a nice deal on some Shimano R171 road shoes yesterday ($50 for next-to-top level shoes of a couple of years back). Was trolling ebay - as the nylon soles on my current shoes are disintegrating - and turns out a local bike shop was selling another pair of shoes at discount. Went directly to their website, and they had several great deals on shoes - so grabbed a pair. George - the parsimonious cyclist.

Great day all!

geo
#3 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 07:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
GEO: Love getting deals!!!

Thor: Good attitude. That's how it is with my knees (Mind you I am not saying my arthritic knees are as difficult as lyme). I've had to come to deal with not being able to run very much if at all, probably I run 3-4 times a month. Many days I have to change my planned workout if they are bothering me. It is annoying but it's been going on for 2 years now and I've just learned to adapt, I have no other choice. There are days when I adapt better than others

Me: Upper fix. Plan on adding a ride at the end of the day like I did yesterday.

#4 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 08:07 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Geo: Love parsimonious as word. Such fun to say.
Julie: Welcome back!
Thor: keep plugging away.
Yo: hope hammy keeps on the good side.
SBee: Hope arm keeps behaving.
Zoj: All kids back at school?

6+ miles on elliptical then 1.15 in TM for FA mile. I got caught up in the show I was watching and broke the mile mark. It was slow but it is done and that is what counts.
#5 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Likes Given: 3
Geo - sounds like a successful cyber Monday shopping! Warmer weather to your way.
Thor - keep moving
Julie - love your positive attitude and new stuff you are always trying.
MQ - keep eyeing on what counts.

Went a yoga class last night. 1/wk yoga class, checked! Hamstring is still a big restriction while trying to do all kinds of poses.
5mile run. It's 60F here. Almost Dec, in shorts and short sleeve. Legs feel pretty heavy and slow, but low 9 isn't too bad. Planning to go to a Barre class tonight.
#6 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 11:45 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
Hey All,

I'm going to try to get back in here on a daily basis. I've got iMMT this summer and hopefully Boston in a April. I should know soon. I'm also looking to lose more weight, etc.

So, today is 1hr on the Bike on TrainerRoad.. We'll see how it goes. Last night was 3 cold miles..

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#7 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 136
Likes Given: 1
AdCo and Julie we are getting lively around here! Welcome back!

I should join you on the bike on BKool since I have a weird day of random meetings (first was at 6 am last is at 5:30 pm and across town through traffic) so aiming for an evening 1 hour somehow.

Legs are really tight probably form the weird weekend ride of hills and waiting. Bought fellow penurious cyclist a bunch of new inner tubes and tires on black Friday, we have too many stops for his flats, despite splashing out on lunches for all of us, he won't buy new tires and his tubes are sporting 3 and more patches. SO in exchange for the free sandwiches we are getting him brand new tubes and tires so we dont' have to wait so much!! I combined it with a few tools and parts I needed, the Nashbar black Friday/cyber Monday website decorations were pretty funny!
I also bought blinds on a big cyber Monday sale. So I guess I scored like Geo, I have some new winter cycling shoes I need to mount cleats on soon..cleats were not on sale.

Yesterday other than the shopping all I managed was stretching and a few neighborhood strolls trying to loosen up those tight legs.
#8 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Special Member

I'll throw this question in the daily thread for the females-have you seen any of the basic stretch running bras for sale lately, like we had @ 10 years ago just stretchy fabric that compresses no cubs/foam/molded stuff? Maybe I'm just old school but I prefer those basic sports bras to the new ones with all the foam (and cups) but I can't seem to find them. Taking the molded cup out makes them all fit strangely.
#9 of 11 Old 11-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Likes Given: 3
SB - I haven?t purchased sports bras for a while (well thanks to handmedowns from DD... what?s wrong with this picture...). But I wouldn?t be able to stand the sports bras with those ?extra? stuff!! What about low cost brands like champions (target has this?) I?m sure somebody make the basic bra for people like me!
#10 of 11 Old 11-29-2017, 09:30 AM
Special Member

Yo so far I've tried Target (all have the cups), road runner sports (many are made of foam without the cups others with), Macy's and REI. I am starting to think the old fashioned kind is not made any more and I'm sorry I threw a few old ones out. I still have a batch given to me by a friend a few years ago but they are probably 10 years old, so hand me downs like yours I guess. Champion is one of the major offenders I ordered a batch of champion bras online since I cant' tell by descriptions I had to return them all
#11 of 11 Old 11-29-2017, 10:31 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
SBee: Have you tried Under Armor? That is the brand i rely on. No padding at all.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page