Monday, 11/20 Workouts - KickRunners.com

#1 of 3 Old 11-20-2017, 07:42 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 220
Likes Given: 171
Monday, 11/20 Workouts

Morning all!

Kids are home, so a full 20.5 in (mid 17s) and same home for 41 on the day. A little breezy still ... Hopefully will be able to do the same tomorrow and Wednesday, plus the usual long ride Saturday - which will nudge me close to the 5200 mile/100pw marker.

Nice to have the kids back for a week - old rhythms fallen into easily - although this year my son will be staying down in Delaware over winter break (one step closer to true empty nesting).

Have a great day all ...
Geo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
GEO: You are so bada$$!!! Needs to be a minimum of 60 out for me to ride outside
You must be so happy they are home! The first college visit last Friday has me freaking out and he's a junior!

Me: Lost of workouts over the weekend. Strength, running, spinning and a great Plyo workout this morning. Hoping to squeeze in a ride later too! Heading to Miami in 3 weeks for the Pats game so trying to be good and maintain or maybe drop a pound or 2!

Happy Monday folks it's a short week
#3 of 3 Old 11-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 351
Likes Given: 3
Geo - wow, 100PW would be some serious accomplishment!! Sounds like some helps are at home to attend the dog duties.

Regarding the coast to coast bike race, I found this;

Team Action Sports from Bakersfield, California, established the record for the four-person male division in 2004. The team, whose members were Nathaniel Faulkner, Kerry Ryan, Sean Nealy, and William Innes, averaged 23.06 mph (37.11 km/h) to complete the 2,959 miles (4,762 km) in 5:08:17. The record for an eight-person team was established by Allied Forces - Team 4Mil/Strategic Lions in 2013. This squad of riders completed 2,993 miles (4,817 km) in 5:03:45, for an average speed of 24.19 mph (38.93 km/h).

Totally crazy. The guy I was talking to on Sat told me his team's goal was not to get passed by all-female team. He said they accomplished that. His team rode in an interval of 20min. Can you imagine riding 20min very hard and rest 40min (I think that's what he said...) repeat multiple times... and getting about 5hrs of sleep every day.

5.5mile run. Felt some tightness in hamstring. But felt pretty good at sub 9 pace.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page