Monday, Oct. 3 - WORKOUTS! - KickRunners.com

#1 of 7 Old 10-03-2016, 06:32 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Monday, Oct. 3 - WORKOUTS!

October! This is crazy. Because we all know October flies.

Yo: Great to see you get wet in the water again! Nice weekend to you.

Zoj: There's little worse than standing around all day in damp, wet conditions. Yuck. Bone chilling. And yes, saw that about IM Maryland. I had a bunch of friend there. One posted video of the run course as he was wading through this one section of water up to his knees.

AdCo: Welcome back!

Reg: Sorry to hear about possible residual effects. I'd go back to the doctor if after a round of Doxy (4 weeks) you still have symptoms. In some cases, the standard round of Doxy isn't enough. This is one known way Chronic Lyme takes over.

Was a GREAT weekend for me, as most of you already saw on FB.

Saturday: Ran 8 miles! I averaged a full minute per mile FASTER than last week. My pace was 9:11! And again, it wasn't until 5 miles in when I started feeling better and upping the pace.

Sunday: Oktoberfest 5K. I was able to run! Finished in 24:38 (7:56 pace). And that includes pushing the tank that is a double job stroller. And stopping for a minute to help a boy who wiped out on his scooter on railroad tracks. First two miles were really rough, and I nearly stopped, but the kids were having so much fun that I kept pushing, and I'm glad I did, because right around 1.5 miles in, I started feeling better in body and was able to push the illness out, just a bit. I still felt sluggish and heavy in legs, but I was, by half way, running on top of my feet again, and it felt amazing! And it was awesome reconnecting with so many of my running peeps. I miss it.

Still cannot run in the early morning, but this may be a sign that the antibiotics are working.

Great day, friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-03-2016, 07:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
Thor, good to hear that you are feeling better.. Still trying to get into the swing of things here.

I rode 2.5 hours on the trainer yesterday. Neck is still a little Cranky so I don't want to do deal with the roads yet, but I'm making progress.

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#3 of 7 Old 10-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Likes Given: 3
Thor - what an exciting run & race!
Adco - what did you do your neck? Hope nothing serious.

6mile run. Nice to get out and run. Will try to do some strengthening exercises. If I can put my act together, I will pick up DS in workout clothes so I can drop him at his work and directly head to the gym. will see.

#4 of 7 Old 10-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Sake View Post
Thor - what an exciting run & race!
Adco - what did you do your neck? Hope nothing serious.
I swam

I tweeked my "steronmastoidsomethingorromething) basically I coudn't turn my head right of a few days and left wasn't fun either. A lot or release work later and it's much better. Just muscle stuff (tendon maybe)?

sternocleidomastoid

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#5 of 7 Old 10-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 227
Thought of you this morning Thor when I headed out on my run this morning. Def got me out there and my a$$ in gear...Felt good to a point. Did get 3.25 done.

Sad day yesterday, as the boat came out yesterday...summer is officially over at my house. Now to clean it up and put it away.
#6 of 7 Old 10-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Passenger on drive back from NY.
#7 of 7 Old 10-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Likes Given: 3
4 hours on the CPM.
I was able to get myself out of the CPM 1 of 3x by using core and my left leg to lift right leg. that's progress!
endurance better every day, and I am now off the heaviest pain meds. Trying to see if I can avoid any of the narcotics from here on out - the NSAID they have me on (Indo-blah-blah-blah) seems to be keeping pain managed.

Talked to Doc a while, he said it surgery was supposed to be for 1:30-2:30 and 4:30 later I emerged with a cadaver labrum, resurfaced bone, and an even longer recovery than expected. Dr still feels very confident in the result, but he wasn't pleased with how bad the labrum was. It was bad, huge tear and it was ossifying (turning to stone). It had been torn a long time.

With my hip being so tight and the musculature so strong, it took a lot of force to jack it out of the socket. Left there for 4.5 hours caused some substantial residual pain from elsewhere - tops of both feet, both arms, hip of course, leg of course, and numbness in the junk. That is the worst, by far!

top of foot is still numb. junk still numb- which makes it very hard to know when you have to pee - thats numbish too.

but i made it to my office desk (at home) 2x today and back. I am getting in and out of the CPM unassisted almost all the time. I am standing, going to the bathroom (not a bottle) and that myself. So rapid return - just a LONG way to return from.

thanks for the recovery wishes.

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page