Weekend Workouts: April 30 - May 1 - KickRunners.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muffin Queen

#1 of 5 Old 04-30-2016, 03:00 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 111
Likes Given: 209
Weekend Workouts: April 30 - May 1

tomorrow is May 1 - can you believe it?!?! Where the heck did April go??

Spent the day walking about Mt. Tom State Reservation with my girl scout troop - geocaching....it was fun and a beautiful day for it!

Tomorrow is a color run - hoping the rain holds off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-30-2016, 04:13 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 341
Likes Given: 3
Zoj - is your DD in your troop? Hat off to you for volunteering!

Early AM 2050m swim. My Tri club friends were there already when I got to the pool. Much easier to get in the training mode with somebody /a written workout! Thx Carol and Ann!

Then took my tri bike to get to DS's track meet. Thanks to my poor biking shape and headwind, it took 1:20 to ride 18miles or something (computer had no battery). And missed his 4x800 relay. He had a good 1600m. 5:02, a fresh PR! In the slower heat of 2, he lead the whole race. On the final lap two kids were about pass him but he accelerated and took the first.
#3 of 5 Old 04-30-2016, 09:01 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 216
Likes Given: 164
Sounds like DS has a good season ahead, Yoshi!

Didn't make it up to ride with the Bagelry crew (slept in), but did ride a solo 48 mile loop. The b-crew were doing 3000 ft or so of climbing; I thought a nice flat beach ride was in order for me A bit windy one way, but nice tailwind up the coast - so felt fast (even though I wasn't). About a 16 mph avg for the ride ... My ass is not in biking shape yet (along with the rest of me).

Geo.

#4 of 5 Old 05-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 341
Likes Given: 3
Way to get out and get your body in a biking shape, Geo!

6miles with DH then 1-hr Yoga class, which totally kicked my arse. I don't even know when I went the class last time. I was planning to do 40mile dirt road with GIRLBIKERS as a part of Deteoit Metro Tour, but the weather was iffy and I was concerned that I wooldnt be able to keep up with them/enjoy the ride, so I skipped. Yeah right decision.

One more drama before May 1 (college decision deadline) - totally something I wish it didn't happen - DD got accepted by New York Univ. Tisch School /Drama. We all knew we wouldn't pay 70k/yr, but letting this top school/her dream choice go must be hard for her... Well that's life.
#5 of 5 Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Yoshi: So sorry about the drama related to Tish for DD. I can only imagine the heartbreak/ache.
Geo: Way to get out there on your own.
zoj: Geocaching does sound like a good time. Sat weather was beautiful.

Sat: 30ish ride at 17+ mph. Flatted at 19 miles in but was able to change tube and move on. FIB 2 mile run at amazingly fast pace 9:08 then 8:41 splits. Clearly I need to bike before every run. cannot remember if I did butt challenge or not. Pretty sure I did chiro exercises.
Sun: 7.2 mile run FIB breakfast with N1, N2, Kitty and Moe. Great day! chiso exercises and some butt work and new challenge for arms has begun.
zojmn151 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page