Weekend Workouts - April 16/17 - KickRunners.com

#1 of 6 Old 04-16-2016, 10:33 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 171
Weekend Workouts - April 16/17

Afternoon all! Hope you all are having fun with pre-marathon plans/meet-ups.

First ride of the year for me ... short (18.7) and slow (15.3), but out there at last. Going to take the dog out in the woods now....

Great Saturday everyone...

Geo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-16-2016, 05:08 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 135
Likes Given: 1
Windy and sunny saturday here. We had a nice double loop ow swim losing and adding various swimmers then went to a friend's swim shop for her anniversary sale. The rest of the day is all about chores and trying to pack because i leave tomorrow afternoon for another work trip and wanted to get 2 swims and all the other stuff done! I do have a new swimsuit that i hope to wear for the nanticoke river swim (need to try it out in training first) and picked up some cool photo chromatic goggles that might fit better than my regular ones (they tend to wear a groove in my nose).

I am also breaking out my rollerblades to bring to the east coast (friends there like to rollerskate) that will be trip #2 so a little tiem tyrign to figure out how to stay upright on them not really a workout but it felt like it!
#3 of 6 Old 04-17-2016, 07:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 153
Likes Given: 260
I was bummed not to get a volunteer spot for the marathon but I'll be cheering for everyone from home!

Did first outside ride on Thursday evening with my ladies club. I actually felt smooth and strong (for me anyways) on the bike. This surprised me given that I haven't done as many off season trainer workouts as in past years and I am up 10 lbs. I pushed hard up one of the big hills that I usually hate on this particular ride and I didn't fall off the back of the group.

Friday: slow outside run for 3.6 miles
Saturday: 83' of Masters swim, 2 hour trainer ride with wu, 2x12"@z4, 4x12' @z3 cd
Today: Another ride and run.

Have a great day!

#4 of 6 Old 04-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 352
Likes Given: 3
Geo - sounds like a nice relaxing Sat. I'm sure doggie loved a nice walk without the boss hurrying back to work.

SB - rollerblading.... Now that's somethig I haven't done for many years and I'm too scared to try again. Wear a helmet, a wrist guard, knee pad and whole 9 yard!

Ksurp - nice ride with the group!

Saturday was a 1.5mile run around the hotel in midtown Manhatten. Legs felt good and bouncy! Then took citibike (love this thing!!!) from the hotel to the school where DD was staying, only to find out she had severe cramping issue, which kept her and me to a couch at the school for 3hrs in the AM and lead her to skip the class participation in the PM. This unexpected event turned out to work out better for us. I took a citibike again to pick up a rental car, picker her up, and picker up my luggage from the hotel and drove to Laugardia a few hours earlier than planned. After sending her off to her first solo flight home, I drove 3.5hrs to Bosotn. Phew!!
Just some walking around the expo and for the meetup today. That's it. Boy, I feel like I'm wasting such a gorgrous day! (Btw, I can't believe we didn't take a group pic!)

Hope everybody is enjoying this weather!
#5 of 6 Old 04-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Wishing our Boston runners a safe and swift race tomorrow!

2mi out in the warm sunshine.
#6 of 6 Old 04-18-2016, 01:26 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Yoshiko: Thought about the group pic after we were home of course.

Sat: 10+ miles on trails with Lana. Mostly trails. About 1.5 - 2 miles on roads that connected trail segments. plus chiro exercises and butt challenge
Sun: 1 hour recovery ride plus chiro exercises and butt challenge. Brunch meet up!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page