1Likes
  • 1 Post By zojmn151

#1 of 8 Old 04-09-2016, 08:04 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 227
April 9-10: Weekend Workouts

Hi gang!

Getting this party started before I start doing errands!!

yesterday ended up being a day off - with work, errands, getting DD glasses & braces checked, groceries, I just couldn't get myself on the trainer...so I didn't.

Which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have two races in June and have yet to be outside on the bike! UGH

BUT today was able to get to the gym first thing and then on the trainer for 45 min...good.

Talked to my coach via email yesterday about a plan for these two June races...I have the right idea, now just need to put it on paper. He wants me to do a short run after every ride, with a long run of 4-5 miles each week...can I tell you that I haven't done a BRICK in over a year and even these simple instructions are causing a wee bit of panic in my brain??? The races are a sprint and an Oly aquabike, which I have done many many times before, but since I hardly raced last year and can't seem to really find my mojo this year...it is kind of freaking me out...Aaahhhhh

Sparty - while we are not selling our house, we are in the same process as you with our condo. nerve wracking to say the least. I don't really remember this with the house, since we've been here for 23 years...

Welp, just like Reg/Geo - figure I will ID myself...

Have a good one!

Jackie
cak73 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-09-2016, 12:08 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Likes Given: 3
Zoj - we do races sometimes for just for the sake of doing them, sometimes to prove something or compete against yourself / others. When outside gets warm and inviting for a ride, you will be ready to tackle the training in whatever way you are up to and willing. You will do fine!

Decided to take a day off. My R foot has been bothering me a bit and no reason to risk to make it worse. Plus DD needed me to accompany her for prom dress shopping.... After 5 hours visiting more than a handful stores, she seems to find something she likes. Well, since she goes to her BF''s prom (different HS), she wants TWO dresses. (Really?!?) Luckily she doesn't like those big gowns and is a great price-conscious shopper, a damage would be minimal...
Now, Time for me to go get hair color/cut done, then to DD's theater show in the evening.
#3 of 8 Old 04-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Likes Given: 3
Snowing here....... 8 miles easy. Legs are feeling lighter. .

Time to get the tax done before craziness of coming week drives me nuts.

#4 of 8 Old 04-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Thanks all re: the house. Inspection is Wednesday, the big hurdle will be appraisal since there currently aren't any comps.

Worked on Friday and today, building strength. Weather is gross today, but the week looks good for some outdoor running!
#5 of 8 Old 04-10-2016, 03:26 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 227
Ended up with 3 miles today - sucked (to put it mildly) the first mile or so and then everything started to "work"...got it done and then tackled both bathrooms. I think that hurt me more than the run did! lol
#6 of 8 Old 04-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 176
Yesterday was much dog walking ... saw two garter snakes, a beaver swimming about and splashing its tail, and best of all - two random deer parts that ended up in the dog's mouth at different times. Yechhhhh....

Today raced an easy 5K ... First two miles were with lunch running buds then turned it up a bit for the last mile. I finished in 25:18 (8:09 or so pace). They both did well ... finishing in about 8:40 pace - which they were pretty happy about, as it was faster than they've run in a while. Kevin finished 2/7 in his AG (60-69), and Erica finished 14/102 in hers. I placed 18/58 ... (though would probably have been 9 or 10 if I'd gone out harder).

Yo ... DD is queen of budget shopping. I think both of her two prom dresses were $20 each (mail order)
#7 of 8 Old 04-11-2016, 06:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
Catching up! Nice work all!! Z: Nice Job on creating a plan! Yo: TAPER CRAZIES!

after a busy day friday, I got in 11 great miles on sat and 1:20 on the bike Sunday.. Plus working on the house a LOT

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#8 of 8 Old 04-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Hey all!

Sat:
Chiro exercises FIB 1:20 on the trainer Saturday FIB 1 mile streak thing FIB butt challenge.
Spent rest of day at Revs game. First time attending professional soccer match.

Sun:
7.7 mile run with run club. 9;46 avg pace but spent a mile or so on trail which slows me down. Road miles were a 9:30 pace. Yay me! Chiro exercises and butt challenge too.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page