• 1 Post By Muffin Queen
  • 1 Post By em73

#1 of 9 Old 02-23-2016, 07:18 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Question Movie Star Crushes - Let's give this its own thread

Geo: Cough it up. Who?

Me: Johnny Depp from way back but that could be changing with my older tastes now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-23-2016, 07:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 220
Likes Given: 171
Hah! Well ... the conversation was essentially more pin-up girl oriented than an in-depth discussion of MC Crushes. The topic initially came up as tangent to an earlier conversaton on horror films/thrillers involving the trans-mogrification of humans to flies. From there, the conversation turned to "Bedazzled". Kevin mentioned having seen the remake for Elizabeth Hurley, and I countered that the far better original (with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore) had Raquel Welch as "Lillian Lust", also well-known for her appearance in a fur-bikini in the somewhat scientifically suspect "1 Million Years BC" (although one is willing to overlook the total disregard of the fossil record ). Other names that came up ... Kevin (being a somewhat older gent) mentioned Kim Novak (of Hitchcock films), also Goldie Hawn and daughter Kate, Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly, Britt Ekland, Dorothy Lamour, Jayne Mansfield, Caroline Munro from British horror films, and no doubt others as well.

The first movie in which I remember an actual attraction to the actress on screen was Jenny Agutter (minor English movie star) who was a schoolgirl abandoned in the outback along with her brother. Nicholas Roeg film ... that I was probably far too young to be watching (I think the girl/boy are abandoned because their father drives out with them to the outback and then commits suicide). It's also sort of a dawning sexual awareness thing (an aborigine is involved) - on somewhat of a higher plane than "The Blue Lagoon" She's probably better remembered over here for being the girlfriend in "American Werewolf in London" and for being in "Logan's Run" before that.

As of about 4-5 years ago, I would have happily admitted to being fond of Zooey Deschanel, based on her undeniable cuteness in such films as Elf, 500 Days of Summer, Hitchhikers Guide, etc - along with her winsome singing voice ... although I sort of gave up after New Girl overexposure. Also, hard not to fall head-over-heels with Audrey Tatou's Amelie (although that would strictly be a role-based crush ).
Muffin Queen likes this.
#3 of 9 Old 02-23-2016, 09:13 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post
Hah! Well ... the conversation was essentially more pin-up girl oriented than an in-depth discussion of MC Crushes. .
Ha Ha Hence my Johnny Depp mention. Or in our house, the "free pass" question. Brian and our friend MJ have the same one from the same movie. We laugh about it together.

#4 of 9 Old 02-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Cary Grant.
sigh.

theia and Muffin Queen like this.

Cheryl (aka cake)
#5 of 9 Old 02-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 351
Likes Given: 3
I will not even bother you with this Japanese movie start I had a huge crush on. In the movie I fell in love with him, he was a yakuza (japanese gangsters) boss and worked with a high school girl to fight with other yakuza group or something like that. But the funny thing, looking back, is he was like late 40's while I was in jr. HS student. Isn't that a kind a creepy picture?

My recent favorite actor is Benedict Cumberbatch. Of course I am too old to get heart-pounding, palm-sweating excitement to watch him....
Muffin Queen likes this.
#6 of 9 Old 02-23-2016, 11:37 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Ooh, can I play? And can it be more than movie stars? If so... David Beckham, Justin Timberlake, Chris Cornell, Trent Reznor. Le sigh.
Muffin Queen likes this.
#7 of 9 Old 02-23-2016, 12:07 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theia View Post
Ooh, can I play? And can it be more than movie stars? If so... David Beckham, Justin Timberlake, Chris Cornell, Trent Reznor. Le sigh.
Love adding players Theia
theia likes this.
#8 of 9 Old 02-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 172
Likes Given: 48
Jason Statham, RDJ, Henry Rollins.
cak73 likes this.
#9 of 9 Old 02-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
TV star - Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds.
Other than that I have a thing for athletes, which is hilarious to DH as he is most definitely not 'built.'

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page