KickRunners.com

KickRunners.com (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/index.php)
-   Triathlon and Multi-Sport Forum (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Tuesday 10/13 Peep call in (https://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87873)

Muffin Queen 10-13-2015 09:16 AM

Tuesday 10/13 Peep call in

So I did Stanislaus on Trainer Road and then 20 min elliptical then working from home.

Meeting Martha at noon for swim. I need it mentally since the whole hay barn thing is ok.

Too much to do still even considering I never really unpacked from our last attempt to get to MD. Need to get some full finger riding gloves and figure out what to do for early bike coldness coming out of water and starting bike.

Muffin Queen 10-13-2015 02:05 PM

I swan open water with Martha for 32 min. She had 30 on her schedule and I did not need the extra. I just needed mentally to get back to OW after a 2 week absence.

jkaiser20 10-13-2015 04:59 PM

Dont let the coolness of the early bike get in your head. Head to goodwill and get something the zips up so you can take it off easily while still riding. Easy for me to say since I haven't looked at the weather.

Put in a nice 5 miler after work. I changed at the office and hit a paved trail on the way home.

My current plan is to run Green Bay marathon in May. Should be interesting to see how I can put in much bigger miles during the winter.

Yo Sake 10-13-2015 07:24 PM

31 Attachment(s)
MQ - way to get one more OWS - I know you are more than ready!! I'm sure you will be very well prepared for any weather the Sunday will throw at you. We all know you are very well prepared!

Kaiser - I heard good things about the marathon. There are at least few of us who are training for a spring marathon. It will be fun!

Early morning swim, just 1700m thanks to "closed women's locker room" due to renovation.
Then 50min strength exercises during lunch. And yoga in the evening after DS'' XC meet. Not quite PR, but another sub-19 min day.

1Topodope 10-14-2015 04:16 AM

MQ - what are your temps looking like for race day?

We were at 48-degrees while waiting for the race to start. The water temperature was 20-degrees warmer. It felt good to get in the water! The only issue I found was that there was steam coming off the river - making it a bit difficult to site.

I ended up going with a light jacket over my riding tank for the ride. I regretted it almost immediately. I warmed up pretty quick. I ended up taking my jacket off before the first hour and shoving it in the back of my tank. I didn't wear gloves as my hands weren't cold in the change tent.

Not sure that helps. Good luck this weekend!!

pcsronbo 10-18-2015 05:47 AM

all week pretty much my workouts got killed due to work. Next week busy again but then will settle in