Monday 10/12 T-5 Part Deux - KickRunners.com

#1 of 5 Old 10-12-2015, 08:08 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Monday 10/12 T-5 Part Deux

DOR for me

Missed an OWS this weekend that I will get in tomorrow for mental purposes since at this stage the hay has been in the barn for some time now.

We had a racer with our group opt out. Not in a good place mentally. Several are hoping to convince her to make a game day decision and come to MD anyway. I hope she does. I know she has more than adequate training and it is a journey of faith for all of us on that day. I hope she trusts those who have been there and believes us when we tell her how prepared she really is and taking the day as it comes is all anyone can do ever, with anything. Just getting on the field of play is a huge step and something that she has earned.

Let it all out peeps! What is happening for you all this day/week/month...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
MQ - what a kind woman you are; keep gently encouraging her and I too hope she decides to toe that start line.

20min of walking this morning with a 3min slow run thrown in the middle. Did some PT exercises as well. Baby steps back into better fitness.
#3 of 5 Old 10-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
MQ - so true - all you can do is taking the day as it comes. Since I have never taken the challenge of IM, I have no idea how significant a mental aspect of this ginormous challenge is. I hope your team mate will realize how much she prepared and she would be good to go.

Sparty - yes baby steps!!!

A nice day to hit a singletrack with DH who is off today. The trail was washed out, with loose sand and lots of leaves. Was happy about my effort.
Let's see what's happening in Oct..... Next weekend is DH running Deteoit marathon. Due date for one of the DD's reach schools is the end of Oct, so trying to get all things in order. Of course being accepted by the school is only a small part of the whole deal - auditions are to be scheduled all the way to the end of Feb... DS has s few more XC meets hopefully make to the state as an individual and as a team.

#4 of 5 Old 10-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 230
same 3+ mile route as last week since it has the most hills, so I can actually run more...lol...and yes YoS, I did most of the downhills backwards again. Happy to say this was the best "run" pain wise, but by far the slowest...hmmmmm....
#5 of 5 Old 10-14-2015, 09:13 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
Yes MQ - Hope your friend finds it within herself...

Went on a 50 mile solo beach ride today, along with dog walking at Wagon Hill....

geo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page