• 1 Post By Muffin Queen

#1 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 06:46 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Thursday, July 16 - WORKOUTS!

Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Re: purging stuff

It was actually quite easy purging my mother's crap, but it was a lot of work. Emotionally it was the easiest thing to do, but to understand that it is helpful to know the history. My grandfather bought the house in 1977 (or perhaps 197, where he lived with my grandmother until 2003, when he passed along (grandmother passed in 1995). I was born in 1969. My folks divorced when I still a wee kid (~1977... maybe '78 or '79). The divorce had me living with my father, not my mother, and my mother jetted to Florida, so I did not see her at all. In fact, I have so few memories of her since I was so young and it was, quite frankly, a very hurtful time for a such a young kid to go "motherless" that I blocked it all out. My mother stayed in the house in Florida to mostly help my grandfather care for my grandmother, who had Parkinson's. My mother never left and assumed the house when my grandfather finally passed in 2003. So my mother, although a mild hoarder, had very little sentimental value as seen in my eyes. As a result, it was no different than me going through YOUR mother's crap -- I just tossed it all out! And then some!

Me...

4+ mile run early this morning. Legs a bit better than yesterday but still dead. This morning was probably a top 10 morning of the year weatherwise.

Great day, friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 07:00 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 176
Okay - all purging kudos retracted

Not feeling the cycling mojo today ... cool and stiff headwind. Cut the route to a short-long (17.8 miles), hi-16s avg. Probably will take it easy and walk at lunch. Probably the full length home ...

Geo.
#3 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Likes Given: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post

Geo.
1!

Early morning conversational ride with DH for 90min, under mid-50's. It was cold - we wish we have had long gloves. He had no interest in utilizing this precious time as heart-pumping, leg-burning, snot-rocketing workout time.... so we just rode. Nice way to start the day, though. Will run during the lunch time. Rain is coming later today. Again!
SpartyGirl likes this.

#4 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 09:26 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Today's workout thus far has been running around my driveway screaming obscenities while trying to rid my life of yellowjackets. Today's total is 12. I'm on a roll.

I have to drive a bit to day to take a test...working on my education needed for a second career once both kids are in school in a few years. Fingers and toes crossed that I am ready. I hate that the final exam is 40% of the grade, but since it's online it really couldn't be any other way and be fair.
#5 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 10:34 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post
Thank you!!!

It's true. My mother kept asking my older brother and I if we needed a nap or to lay down. We were like, huh?! We're just tossing sh&t out. Not much more. We were moving all day long but not enough strenuous work to take much out of us. It's really very easy throwing other people's crap out.

In fact, you'll love this. My mother hired a guy to take everything out of the house and leave it in broom swept condition. He was to come in after the estate sale, which didn't sell too much, especially none of the hoarded junk. My brother and I arrived shortly after this guy and his team of 5 started. After witnessing not only how slow he worked but also how inefficiently he "arranged" stuff, my brother and I decided that when he had to leave with his gang early for the day, we would not sit back and let him do his job but rather jump in and "help" him out. So we did everything. He came back two days later and we took everything, including trash, which we lined up in the garage in a certain manner and just loaded it into his truck. We packed everything else and purged all the rest, because if we left it to him, we would have likely missed closing. Call us impatient northerners, but we got the job done and my mother's house to the state of being able to close on it.
#6 of 8 Old 07-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
still soooo tired and am cutting out caffeine so, you know = zombie

brick #2 of 3 done
30 min at 60% FTP and >90 rpm on the trainer
10 mile run, 8 mi in HR znII and 2 mi in HR znIII (the last 4 miles were the fastest)

Cheryl (aka cake)
#7 of 8 Old 07-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
3600M in the pool. Just kept swimming.. Longest swim not in a race in a while.
cak73 likes this.

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#8 of 8 Old 07-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
I swam OW with Martha and N1. Martha and I went a little longer. N1 was a bit slower so we swam out to meet her on her way in then went for a bit longer.

N1 and I ran hills after she finished work. We think we did as prescribed but may have lost count and done 7. Otherwise 53 minutes for 5 miles.
cak73 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page