• 2 Post By Yo Sake
  • 2 Post By Alaska Mike
  • 1 Post By Muffin Queen

#1 of 13 Old 06-08-2015, 07:48 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 153
Likes Given: 260
Tuesday, June 9th Workouts

Good Morning everyone and greetings from Bangalore, India where it is already Tuesday am.

I think (I hope!) I'm fully functional now with the +9.5 hour time change and I even hit the fitness room at my hotel this am.
10' ellipticize
20' walk on treadmill
pt exercises for my achilles

Now we are headed out into the city to visit a school.
Have a great day everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 06-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 172
Show-off

Hope you have a grand time...
#3 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 05:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 32
Likes Given: 23
Nice ksurp!

Just finished the group intensity ride this am, everyone's in one piece.

Core later, have a good day all!

#4 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 354
Likes Given: 3
ksurp - way to squeeze some workouts - the best way to deal with the jetlag! Have a safe visit! Looking forward to hearing interesting stuff.

1:10 dirt road ride. Chilly morning. 5-hr drive, heading to near Toronto this PM. Hoping to swim at a local pool.

Interesting workout last night. I had 70min between pickup/dropoff of DS. Didn't feel like going home, nor doing any serious workout. So decided to walk to a Japanese grocery store 2miles away. And ended up carrying 15lbs bag of rice and walked back to the sports club. I am sure I looked ridiculous.
juliemboyle and Muffin Queen like this.
#5 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 06:50 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
Kirsten...so awesome that you are able to be so connected while you're in India!
My trip to Tanzania in May 2006 would have been a bit different had I had an iPhone set up to work internationally...may not have been so homesick by the end of 3 weeks. LOL.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty decent, but trying to "make smart choices" and will likely continue to lay low today.
Never did get around to doing a strength workout yesterday, so...
Have *never* missed key build workouts like this before, but trying to frame it mentally as "the rest will allow me to continue my build even stronger when I finally get back to it."
Massage today. Lemonade out of lemons!

MQ...not sure what I'll be riding this weekend since I'm not sure The Dread Coach Roberts will want to change things or not. What is on the plan is a 50 mi ride/3 mi run/50 mi ride/3 mi run du workout for my long ride. The long ride I missed last week was 100+ mi ride and 4 mi brick run.

Cheryl (aka cake)
#6 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 06:57 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 64
Likes Given: 11
Ran 8 today at 8 min pace. Started with Tim, Rick and Jay but they took off after 3 miles to get some tempo work in. I stopped at my turn-around point to stretch, then got stuck at a train crossing.

Last week I ran 22.7 miles. It's my first 20+ mile running week since March 9th. Injuries suck.

Mike
juliemboyle and Muffin Queen like this.
#7 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 08:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Mike - understatement re: injuries. Nice to see you back to running a bit, just in time for sailing season.
Yoshiko - Ha! That paints a funny picture.
Cheryl - hugs! Trust your base, it will all work out.
Kirsten - keep the pics coming on FB, looks awesome.

Anyone else friends with Carolin on FB? She's racing 230k through the Amazon...awestruck.

Tough run this morning. Lungs don't like the high pollen count. 3.4mi on the struggle bus aka treadmill. Strength work immediately after which felt way easier than the run. Looking to run my first double digit run in a year this weekend and getting way too worked up about it.
#8 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak73 View Post
Kirsten...so awesome that you are able to be so connected while you're in India!
My trip to Tanzania in May 2006 would have been a bit different had I had an iPhone set up to work internationally...may not have been so homesick by the end of 3 weeks. LOL.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty decent, but trying to "make smart choices" and will likely continue to lay low today.
Never did get around to doing a strength workout yesterday, so...
Have *never* missed key build workouts like this before, but trying to frame it mentally as "the rest will allow me to continue my build even stronger when I finally get back to it."
Massage today. Lemonade out of lemons!

MQ...not sure what I'll be riding this weekend since I'm not sure The Dread Coach Roberts will want to change things or not. What is on the plan is a 50 mi ride/3 mi run/50 mi ride/3 mi run du workout for my long ride. The long ride I missed last week was 100+ mi ride and 4 mi brick run.
Let me know if interested in riding company. I have a 60 mile ride followed by a 30 minute run on the schedule and a 12 mile run.
#9 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Good afternoon, TEAM LIT!

Double for me today...

6.5 mile run early this morning with the 5 usual suspects. Full house this morning. I like it!

Then at noon...

45 min TM incline session @ 12%:
o WU - 5 min
o 6 x 5 min @ 11:30 pace w/2 min recovery jog at 13:19 pace

Great day, friends!
#10 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 172
Drove in today. Ellipticated at lunch (speedish-workout) ... overall 6:12 ellipti-pace.

Incredibly muggy in the gym (sweat pouring off me didn't help).

Easier for the rest of the week (hopefully commuting Wed/Thu, easy run on Wed, walk on Thursday). Not sure if I'll take Friday off or take the short (10-11 milish) commute to keep the legs spinning easy.

Man, Yoshi! 4 miles in the heat with a sack of rice doesn't sound like much fun!

Mike - I don't remember the last time I ran 20 miles in one week! I keep intending to keep a regular schedule at about that distance (like 5 mile, 5 mile, 8-10 mile) - but so far haven't managed to make it stick.

Geo.
#11 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
2400 in the pool
WU 200
8x50 drills
4x400 at CSS +3
CD 200

Shared my lane off and on with 4 different swimmers. Maybe it was me...
SpartyGirl likes this.
#12 of 13 Old 06-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 50
Likes Given: 2
Nice and warm today at 90+. Went out for some easy hill work. First time in a long time. Did four reps of 0.1 mile hill. There is a one also close by that should be twice that long, but I'll wait a few weeks before trying that. I like having the flexibility now that we are in an area with some elevation change.
#13 of 13 Old 06-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
Gonna try to get back here!! 1.5 on the trainer last night.. got new footbeds and new seat and my feet didn't fall asleep!! Ass was not happy, so 6hrs+ sat might not be fun.

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page