#1 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 06:43 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Monday, May 11 - WORKOUTS!

Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Scott: Welcome back!

Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 8+ mile super technical trail run in 1:40 with 3 others. Actual running time was probably under 1:30. Bumped into a ritual, or perhaps hazing, of sorts going on. Lots a Latin, or perhaps gibberish, being shouted. We joked it was a sacrifice of sorts. Crazy. And to think the two participants needed an early morning long hike to get there, as we were buried pretty deep in the woods.

Sunday: 4 mile double stroller run with the kids. Pushing a double up hill is double the work of pushing a single up the same

Monday: 4 mile easy run early this very humid morning. Ran without a shirt; it was that hot.

Great day, friends!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 06:57 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 32
Likes Given: 23
Thanks Thor and everyone nice to be back

Masters swim this am, pulled out a 38 second 50 meter. Going to gym at lunch time for some strength. Good day peeps!
#3 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Likes Given: 3
Happy Monday!

Yoga this morning plus another 30min on the foam roller, lots of stiffness from the weekend.

Masters swim tonight

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

#4 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 227
Hi guys! been a while...can't figure out why I keep taking these hiatuses!

Thor & cake - good luck and have fun with your upcoming events!

Waving to everyone!!

I am still struggling with back issues which have severely decreased my running mileage. Coach told me to back off at least 20% for the next few weeks, but when you are barely breaking double digits for weekly totals...essentially reduces it to nothing. Trying to be good and adhere to it, and keep my chin up about it. Sending coach my weekly notes for review shortly.
#5 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Zo: Don't worry so much about it. As long as you are staying active doing some other things, you will keep a decent amount of fitness. I have really scaled my mileage back over the last few months and it amazes me how easy and great I feel when I run.

Scott: Welcome back!!!! So happy to see you around again and congrats on your weight loss success!

Monday funday. Upper fix and walking.
#6 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Thor - I thought your 50miler was this past weekend. Sounds like a crazy fun run on Sat.
Zo - you don't want your back issue to make you become totally out of commission. Take your time and focus on healing it. No worries about workouts volume.

1hr on mtb, unstructured fartlek of some sort, on a dirt road. I like this short and hard stuff. Now I am out of 2-wk recovery of marathon. Time to get serious! My first Xterra may be middle of June. Need some serious time on singletrack!!
May run while DS is at martial arts.
#7 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 176
5.3 mile solo run for me today - about 8:05 pace (+/- 5 seconds ... forgot to start my watch for a minute or so, so guesstimated). Felt slower, so I guess that's good ... weird quad tweak at the end ... blaming it on carrying my work badge in my pocket (which I never do).
Kind of muggy, but cool-ish anyway.

'tis Prom season, so here's DD (on the left) accompanying a friend to another school prom (photo courtesy of the local rag ... but a nice pic). Her official prom is this Thursday (this time with a guy - but again, just a friend).

ksurp and cak73 like this.
#8 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 11:56 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Lovely daughter Geo! She looks quite tall. From you? Dark hair, prob. not from you. Not that I could tell from your avatar pic.
#9 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Sake View Post
Lovely daughter Geo! She looks quite tall. From you? Dark hair, prob. not from you. Not that I could tell from your avatar pic.
Thanks, Yo. I'd say she was around 5'8" - so yes tallish, but no BB player. Same with me (about 6' - strictly 5'11.5" last time I got measured ... age related "shrinkage"). And yes - my hair's mostly gray, but it used to be on the nondescript brownish/dirty-blonde side (as is DWs). DS is more blonde. I've decided neither of our kids look particularly like us (or each other).
#10 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post
Thanks, Yo. I'd say she was around 5'8" - so yes tallish, but no BB player. Same with me (about 6' - strictly 5'11.5" last time I got measured ... age related "shrinkage"). And yes - my hair's mostly gray, but it used to be on the nondescript brownish/dirty-blonde side (as is DWs). DS is more blonde. I've decided neither of our kids look particularly like us (or each other).
None of the 4 kids in my family look particularly like each other as well. DD is lovely though and I can see some of you in her facial structure.

DOR Monday for me.
#11 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Geo - She looks lovely and I see some resemblance!
Scott - yeah, hips are tricky. I have a labral tear and arthritis - woohoo!... By the way, nice to see you're still a fasthole!
MQ - let's hug, I'll be in Boston next month.
Yoshiko - you never cease to amaze me with your time management skills. MTB in between events at the track meet?! Dedicated in all areas of your life.
Zoj - oof! Even single digits count in the grand scheme of things; you just need to scale your expectations. Take care of that back and hang out more around here!
Ksurp - hope you are feeling better soon too!
Cak - YOU CAN DO THIS! Love that you are getting outside of your comfort zone. Your potential is huge.
Julie - I like to mash too and I really like to run on uneven hilly trails...not in the cards right now, but we are out there DOING instead of wishing we were out there. Change your mind, change your approach, reach the finish line.

Strength tonight after an easy spin. Nothing too fancy, but enough to make me sweat! Hip recovered remarkably well from the weekend long run. Happy dance!
juliemboyle likes this.
#12 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
Feeling more "ready" for Am Zof next weekend, due in part to having raced on Sunday and to willing a "sense of humor/sense of adventure" attitude. Sure, I could just do the short course as I've signed up for and can more easily grasp mentally OR I could just go for it and do the medium course that my coach must think I'm able to do since 1) he suggested it, 2) structured my training plan for it, and 3) said "it will be good for you." So, I've decided to commit to the medium course. I will finish, even if I blow up spectacularly and need to visit new depths of The Well in order to keep moving forward! (she says bravely at the beginning of the week...LOL)

DOR today!
ksurp likes this.

Cheryl (aka cake)
#13 of 15 Old 05-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 50
Likes Given: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Good morning, TEAM LIT

Monday: 4 mile easy run early this very humid morning. Ran without a shirt; it was that hot.

Great day, friends!
Good grief. I did 3.5 in two layers of long sleeves. And was cold as heck into the wind. Low 50s. If not for the wind it would be perfect for mid May. Trying to be appreciative of this cold snap because the heat and humidity will show up.
#14 of 15 Old 05-12-2015, 05:28 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 153
Likes Given: 260
30' of IronStrength followed by fun with the foam roller.
#15 of 15 Old 05-12-2015, 06:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Masters ended up being a brutal 3700, not due to yards but due to so much kicking! After a few gos in the wetsuit coach wanted me out and wanted to fix me outside the suit. Well, kicking is the problem to level me out all the way.

Reg - DD very pretty, keep her locked up in a tower for the next 10 years

Great seeing so many old "faces" again!

Has anyone else noticed these Facebook groups with 3000+ members are incredibly annoying, impersonal, and full of attacks? Holy ****. It's like slow twitch all over again. No REAL sense of community and too MUCH activity. Post into 1 thread and suddenly there are 50 replies all over the place, mostly opinion with nothing to back it up. Ick. SO done. Must resist replying.

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page