• 1 Post By Thor
  • 1 Post By Yo Sake

#1 of 9 Old 02-19-2015, 08:31 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Thursday Feb 19th Workouts

Happy Thursday!!!!

Get lean interval workout this morning. Hoping to sneak out for a walk around lunchtime........Alert, alert! The sun is out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Hurray for sun! Both human and fur kids watching a morning show from the sun spot on the rug.

3.1 on the treadmill. My body doesn't like slow pace running (5.1), but my lungs weren't top notch at faster speeds (6.0). Working on finding a balance and I know it will come in time.
#3 of 9 Old 02-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
Grabbed the right clothes today (and only twice, Yoshi ) - so ellipticated for 40 (usual 40-75 resistance @5 min intervals - 6:33 overall ellipti-pace).

MQ - AGGGHHH!!! Good luck with the ice. My FB timeline is beginning to fill up with horror stories .... Hope you have luck before the weekend...

Yoshiko - Small liberal arts schools, right? Plenty of them around here Has she started to narrow her choices?

Great day all.

Geo

#4 of 9 Old 02-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Likes Given: 3
rest day. what is that? FULL rest day. Nothing. Except eating. I'm bored.
first full rest since 1/9.
can't say it feels good. it feels annoying!

I'm on day 3 of a 5 day "recovery" block. I think it's good I am anxious, means I am ready to roll!

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

#5 of 9 Old 02-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Good afternoon, TEAM LIT!

Wanna shout out that today I did something on the run that I haven't done in like 4 to 5 or more years! I ran 12.0 mph (5:00 pace). Three times for only 20 seconds, but I did it! Very psyched about it. What a rush too with the TM rocking back and forth.

Yoshi: If you have free time while out here, I'd love to connect.

Sparty: YES, it will come. Stay consistent and the lungs and body will start processing oxygen and removing lactic acid properly. Stick with it, girl!

Double for me today...

4 (?) mile snowshoe run early this morning in 50 min with another guy. We hit some deep trails that made us work. Had a double on tap for today and didn't think the second part would work, but I pulled it off.

Then at noon...

6 mile TM speed session doing a Mona Fartlek in a total of 40 mins (all at .5% incline):

Warm Up
o 5 min ramp to 8.0 mph (7:30 pace)
o 3 x 30 sec @ 10.0 mph (6:00 pace)

Mona Fartlek Workout
o 2 x 90 sec @ 10.0 mph (6:00 pace) w/eq jog @ 8.0 mph as rest
o 4 x 60 sec @ 10.2 mph (5:53 pace), 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 (5:42) mph w/eq jog...
o 4 x 30 sec @ 10.6 mph (5:40 pace), 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 (5:30)...
o 4 x 20 sec @ 11.0 mph (5:27), 11.2, 11.4, 11.6 (5:10)...

Extra Credit
o 20 sec @ 11.8 (5:05) w/1:30 min jog
o 3 x 20 sec @ 12.0 (5:00 pace) w/1:30 jog!!!

Boom!
juliemboyle likes this.
#6 of 9 Old 02-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
Big YAY to Thor's way! Great job, sounds like TM after all has some use! And regarding our trip to the East, will see how it goes. It would be cool to get together with the folks on the side of the planet, especially at one of the ball parks!!!
Geo - She hasn't really narrowed it down. But a very few schools offer 'acting' with either minor or double-major in 'entertainment management or arts management' so her selections are rather limited I think. She is just too busy with other stuff (or for some reasons not really motivated to work hard toward college section... )... A few in Chicago area as well as Boston, NYC, Philly, maybe DC as well - she wants to go to the big cities where other opportunities are. I think overall U of M would be her first choice and makes sense (in-state tuition & only 40min away, plus GREAT school) but really tough academically & very selective for Acting major.

DOR. A really long 4hrs drive home. Very glad I ran yesterday, there would have been no way I could run after such a long day. Looking back I had a really cool run yesterday at the Deer Creek State Park. Imagine, totally white all around. Roads were totally covered as well. No human souls. (I saw 3 cars) in 70min. And about 10 deer. Sun was going down, painting the sky with pink/purple. Very cold and windy.. Only my legs/core were warm. Arms were sort of frozen with 90 degree angle. My spiked shoes gripped the packed snow confidently. Only white stuff and me. I think I experienced zen-like totally zoned-out moments. Nothing mattered. Just running in total quietness.
Muffin Queen likes this.
#7 of 9 Old 02-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Yoshi: You made that sound so peaceful and beautiful. If you can't see my friend request on FB try friending me (Terry Apruzzese Days) Secnd Thor with meet up if possible when in the area.
Geo: Yup that sums it up perfectly. Brian out chiseling until it was dark yesterday and will get out there again today. At least I'm working from home again so I can call 911 if anything were to happen, god forbid, when he starts chiseling today. Also LOVE the ellip- whatever phrases.
Sparty: Such a great moment in mommy land with that pic of you and Wren on FB.
Ronbo: So good to see you back at this. How likely is Rev3 Maine for you?

I did a run strength workout on treadmill in the a.m. but missed swim due to roof issues. May try to get that in today. Run workout was WU and CD and 8x1 min running at 6% grade with RI of 1 min walking. Not a lot of miles covered in the 40 minutes but quality nonetheless.
#8 of 9 Old 02-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
15 mile morning trainer ride with 7x1/2 mile intervals, followed by core. 7 mile afternoon treadmill run of 1, 2, 1, 2, 1...with the 2's being tempo effort and the 1's easy.
#9 of 9 Old 02-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
Didn't post here?

In the a.m.:
Ran outside, with the sunshine (!) for just over 4 miles.
Footing was a mixed bag.

In the p.m.
Cleared snow from a low roof, a few feet deep, approx 8ft by 12 feet in area
Just about 1:07:00 on the trainer, TR Epic Acadia

Cheryl (aka cake)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page