7Likes
  • 2 Post By Yo Sake
  • 5 Post By regiolanthe

#1 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 06:59 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 353
Likes Given: 3
Tuesday, Feb 10 - workouts!

Boy, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the eastcoast gets some break from all this snow. Need a few days of 40's to let the snow melt (hopefully without causing flood).

8.5mile on TM, including 3x2miles at 8:27pace with 400m jog. The Hanson's training plan calls this 'strength' workout. It is supposedly done at 10sec faster than MP. I am still working on figuring out what my target pace should be. Haven't run any races to have a reasonable prediction. Knowing I may not get in the Boston with just the BQ time and need BQ-5min, I am thinking to go for 3:50 (8:47pace). So far the training runs support the pace. 6.5 more weeks to go.

Yaaay, I made to another no-run Wed!
juliemboyle and Muffin Queen like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 07:08 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Great job Yoshiko!!

Thinking of our snowbound NE contingent...

Yoga today. Lots of head congestion this morning, hopefully it doesn't drop into my chest. DS has chest congestion, but I think it's just a cold. Fingers crossed!!

Happy Tuessay!
#3 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 89
Likes Given: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Sake View Post

8.5mile on TM
Nice job! 8 is the most I've ever run on the TM, and that was a long time ago. I just can't do it.

Just saying hi. Haven't been around in a long time. Hope everyone is doing well.

Feel better, Sparty!

#4 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Good afternoon, TEAM LIT!

Snow keeps falling. It's really impressive the totals and snow piles. Just in time for the snowshoes I have on order that should arrive... oh, around about... TODAY!

Me...

4 mile romp through the neighborhood wearing spikes.

That's it.
#5 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Yoske: Congrats on another no run day!
Thor: Way to go. I am planning my first outdoor run in 10 days tomorrow
Sparty: Hope the sickies stay away. My boys are both dealing with colds now. Hoping I don't get it too!

Me: Burn 1 weights (was supposed to do yesterday but took a rest day!) and a walk later. HAVE to GET OUTSIDE!
#6 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 172
An easy-ish 40 minutes on the exer-cycle. 14.9 exer-miles at 40-65% resistance.
Just getting over my head cold (thanks - Yoshi, and condolences Sparty). Still not at 100%.

Had to laugh at one of my FB friend's posts (old college friend). Decided to take up some creative writing while she's snowbound in CT.

Chapter One :
He leaned closer, his lips brushing my ear and a cold shiver ran up my spine. He pressed something long and hard into my hand.
"Grip it tight." His voice commanded me.
"Bend your knees." My knees shook, but I did what I was told.
"Now put your back into it, start shoveling, and don't stop until I tell you to."

A thrilling tale of a middle-aged suburban homeowner's bondage to servicing winter's cold, harsh, and unceasing demands.

#7 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post
had to laugh at one of my fb friend's posts (old college friend). Decided to take up some creative writing while she's snowbound in ct.

chapter one :
he leaned closer, his lips brushing my ear and a cold shiver ran up my spine. He pressed something long and hard into my hand.
"grip it tight." his voice commanded me.
"bend your knees." my knees shook, but i did what i was told.
"now put your back into it, start shoveling, and don't stop until i tell you to."

a thrilling tale of a middle-aged suburban homeowner's bondage to servicing winter's cold, harsh, and unceasing demands.

lmao!

Cheryl (aka cake)
#8 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Geo - hahahaha ha!!!!
#9 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 153
Likes Given: 260
Geo - that's hilarious.

Masters swim this am - 2200m that included lots of kicking and pulling. I actually made it the length of the pool with the pull buoy between my ankles. Good times.
#10 of 15 Old 02-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 136
Likes Given: 1
I love the creative writing, was there also a dark and stormy night?

Sorry for those still sick or coughing, it really will end.
I am sad to be missing an epic snow year out east, tempted at times to fly out to play in it and give you all a hand shoveling.

I received an old brooks swallow saddle one I believe I rode many years ago (30). Its not in the best shape but I did my best and put it on the bike. Then I went out for a fast and furious mid-day ride with some fartleks. It was a flat course with a ton oof wind, so much that I hit 28mph on the downwind stretch (and single digits in the other direction). Only 15 miles so not a true test of the saddle but I found I had to be careful of the position of the padding and seams in my shorts-an issue I remember vaguely from back when (I was wearing leather chamois with wool then). Otherwise, though, no butt cramps, sit bones sit nicely against the saddle, much cooler than the synthetics. I also can balance better on it than on many of the synthetics, then again I suppose its broken in to my anatomy even if it was long and long ago. I think its time to order a leather saddle and break it in. This one has some worrisome cracks around the back rivets and it does have many miles and many years on it. In the mean time I am considering breaking out my old wool shorts (if I can find them) and jersey from the same time period, for saturday's group ride.

I did try to order a try before you buy saddle from one modern leather maker but they must be on vacation, perhaps I should just order a new swallow?

On a weird health note, I seem to be having some shingles-like pain/neuralgia right where I got my shingles vaccine in a few weeks ago. II have to say I am very glad I received the shot, if this is the light and small version I don't ever want the full-on experience! It took me a little while to figure out what it was and still it could be some other thing altogether. Almost hump day folks! I have an upcoming biz trip to colorado, anyone else headed out (or hiding out) that way?
#11 of 15 Old 02-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
Reg- That was super funny!!!!
To all buried in the snow.... Holy crap! You all should hard not to piss off the weather gods more!
Swimmerbee- Yikes! I have heard that shingles is super painful!!!!

I ended up on a very long conference call on Monday so the swim didn't happen. I did get it in last night though- the only thing really great I can say is- I didn't drown and I really like my new goggles.
Then took DH and Rex for a walk. Poor Rex had to go to the vet yesterday- he somehow scratched his eye pretty bad. He's being a trooper though so no cone of shame. Just drops to see if it heals without needing any type of procedure.
#12 of 15 Old 02-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 45
Likes Given: 4
I swam yesterday for the first time since getting sick. 2k so that was nice. Hit the wall about 1600, but hey, i'm still coughing.

Collin Cowherd (ESPN): You can not solve stupid.

AdCo is wise. Very wise. - NRG71
#13 of 15 Old 02-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
Morning tempo run of 1, 3, 1, followed by a 15 mile trainer ride with 7x1/2 mile intervals.
#14 of 15 Old 02-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Woke up thinking I'd do my 1:30:00 trainer ride and my 5.5 mile znII run, each at a different time of the day.
As the day went on, I figured I'd do just my 1:30:00 ride.
By the time I got home, I knew I'd be doing this week's short ride.

1:07:00 on the trainer doing a TrainerRoad ride that I would have never chosen for myself.

Cheryl (aka cake)
#15 of 15 Old 02-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Sleeping Beauty on trainer road and then the strength class in the p.m. that was moved from the a.m. due to snow. Brian and I were the only participants. GREAT workout. One of my favorite so far. Definitely getting stronger.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page