• 1 Post By Tri-Tammy
  • 3 Post By em73
  • 1 Post By jkaiser20

#1 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 05:37 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 359
Likes Given: 3
Tuesday, Jan 20 - workouts!

Morning, made to the first in line! The competition is getting fierce!

Ron - Welcome back Team RonBo! I can hear some excitement (well, you always bring excitement here!)!!
Moco - way to go!

5.5mile early morning on TM. (The track is still covered with snow.... ). Including 3x1mile speed work with 400m easy jog.

Made to another no run day tomorrow! Ahhhhhhhh

Have a great Tuesday all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 05:54 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 64
Likes Given: 11
Great workouts yesterday everyone!
MoCo - ease yourself back into it.

Up very early so I could get in 4.5 before I met up with Jay and Rick. Then did 8 with them, including hill repeats. Both of them kicked my butt, but I can feel myself pulling just a bit closer with every workout.

Tomorrow is a recovery day and after back-to-back hard days, I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great day, tri-peeps!
Mike
#3 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Y'all: Thanks for the healing vibes regarding my arm. It is getting much better but is still out of sorts. It is no longer painful but I am getting greater range of motion and having less discomfort as I do various activities that strain the arm in different ways, such as turning in a car as you drape your arm over the wheel while turning, or such as pulling up your tights for your morning run! I still have to aid with the good arm, and I think I might be able to wiggle out a push up, but I'm staying off it while just working range of motion in hopes to get it mostly healed. I say mostly because I had a weakness in their for 4 years, and I know this has set it back, so I fully expect to have to work on this/watch it for at least another 4 years and possibly forever. (I did damage in there, where the arm separated/dislocated, many years ago in the gym lifting a heavier weight than I should have).

Alaska Mike: Looks as if you're getting pace back!

SwimmerBee: Re: saddle. Most people I know who went the Adamo route eventually went back to a more traditional saddle, which isn't to say you will too, because I do remember a few people (just not a majority) absolutely loving the Adamo. I tried it but found that my riding style, in how I "ride the rivet" in a way to generate even more power, made it more uncomfortable in the long haul. I was good on shorter rides, but the longer ones were more painful.

Long Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 8 mile solo road run in 3F that felt more like 28 miles. Had to bail on a trail run with friends because my arm was in too bad a shape. I knew if I fell and had to catch myself, I'd end up in the hospital, so I skipped.

Sunday: 9 mile road run with two others.

Monday: 4 mile black ice run, perhaps the worst I've ever run in. Had to run up on people's lawns and walk when I hit the driveways, as the black ice was very bad even on major roads.

Tuesday: 7 mile social run with 4 others early this morning. No black ice, thankfully.

#4 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 07:58 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Happy Tuesday! Finally got my first dry needling...which was a good weird. Didn't hurt a bit during, but an hour later?! Holy smokes! It feels like I ran a mile uphill on one leg. Doctor cleared me to do whatever I want as long as I start out easy and keep any running to alternating days. I'm cool with that.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
juliemboyle likes this.
#5 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 156
Likes Given: 3
60min run/walk 1/1 BAM no problem.
juliemboyle likes this.

- If you think you can't, you're right.
- Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
- REJOICE and Whine not! For today you are doing that which most only dream.

www.fatman2ironman.com

#6 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 08:14 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
SB- I spent only a week on an Adamo and had the same feeling of it being too wide. I took my bike in and had them look at it. The owner took one look and said, no way- it's too wide and you're going to be rubbed raw on any long ride. I finally settled on a Cobb. The seat that I have on my older tri-bike is the one I love, love, love the best and that one is a Terry. Unfortunately they don't make it any longer. When (if) I ever get rid of the bike I'll keep the saddle.
MoCo- Nice to see you easing back into things.
Sparty- Woooo Hooooo!!!!! Take it easy on your comeback!
Ronbo- Good to see you back!
Thor- Does the TM ever call your name???

As for me-
Yesterday I went out for 26 minutes or run/walk. Felt good and slow. lol

Today I'm headed to the pool to begin rebuilding that leg. After that I'll jump on the trainer while I see what POTUS has to say for himself.
#7 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 10:15 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 176
40 minutes ellipticating. Long weekend summary - rest day, rest day, rest day (unless you count shoveling sand down a drive and smacking at ice with a mallet).

T-T ... Are you sure your heart rate's low enough from Sunday to take up exercise again?

Geo
#8 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post

T-T ... Are you sure your heart rate's low enough from Sunday to take up exercise again?

Geo
OMG, you've got that one right!!!! By the time the game was over I had paced a mile and gone up and down the stairs a bazillion times just trying to burn off the frustration. And then of course there was all of the jumping around when they won and OMG..... INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
juliemboyle likes this.
#9 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596

Just smiling catching up with everyone.

Sat: TM run of 60 min then 30 min walking
Sun: 9 am weight class that was awesome and will do again and then 60 min on TR doing Beech
Mon: DOR Lots of cross stitching
Tue: Goddard TC version on TR and swimming with Robin tonight at the gym. Hoping for another week of not crazy level of people. Regardless I need to get it in. Only 1 of 2 planned swims last week. IMMD is calling and I need to answer.

Yoshi: I had sent you a friend request on FB. I'm Terry Apruzzese Days.

Welcome back Ronbo!!!
#10 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 02:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Tammy View Post
And then of course there was all of the jumping around when they won and OMG..... INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plyo!!! lol
#11 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Hi everyone!
Good to see you back Ronbo!!! Stick around
Yoshi: Yeah to another non running day!
Sparty: Woohoo on the clearance!!! Def do some kind of run/walk program getting back at it!

Me: X3 Deccelerator & 3 mile TM run.
#12 of 15 Old 01-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 136
Likes Given: 1
Good workouts everyone! Yo Sake it sounds so good when you make it to your no running day, reminds me of channel training and the cut back week where you finally have the energy to wash your gear!
Sparty, the cleared to get out there part sounds great remember easy like a normal person not like a real tri nut!
Tami-I am spending this week on the adamo. I think the LBS folks don't' like it but they know some people do. I spun on the trainer for 30 mins last night just catching up on shows and getting more time on that saddle. This am I noticed the insides of my thighs are a bit bruised. The LBS folk did suggest zip tying the front of the saddle together, that didn't' sound comfortable but I suppose I could try that. I have a hill w/o coming up soon that's always the most saddle intensive for me.

Thor-it does put a lot of pressure on the so called sitbones (the saddle does) but that doesn't' trouble me over much (sore when I get back on, forgotten in a few minutes). Also for you, have you checked with a sports oriented PT on the shoulder, there are (I'm told) a lot of good new techniques for shoulders even those with tears, they might be able to get you more stable maybe leapfrog some of the recovery process?

Main w/o today was a foggy chilly dreary 1 .5 mi ow swim. It would have been father but my companion got cold and then a seagull stole one of my socks (and I really liked those socks curse you seagull)

I will try to hop on the trainer again tonight, trying to see which breaks in more me or the saddle!
#13 of 15 Old 01-21-2015, 06:12 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 172
Likes Given: 48
Thor, my wonky shoulder (since HS) is apparently directly related to my wonky hips - I compensate for the hip problem with my lumbar spine, which throws off my thoracic/cervical spine... and my left shoulder. A general movement screen might really help you. I know you are insanely self aware, but sometimes when you get down to the teeny tweaks, a second set of eyes is helpful.

I took last night off as I was super tired.

Three weeks ago, after bike class at my PT practice, I ran for less than 2 minutes on the trueform treadmill they have. I noticed I was actually using my glutes. Well, Monday night when I was running, I noticed that after I warmed up a little, I was (hey!) using my glutes a bit to run. Yesterday, they were sore for the first time in a really long time. This is very, very good news.
#14 of 15 Old 01-21-2015, 07:22 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Yay for sore glutes MoCo!!!

I swam 1800 with Robin last night. By the end we had 4 people in our lane as we were the only people willing to circle swim. I do not understand the mentality of swimmers at this pool. No one owns a lane for goodness sake.
#15 of 15 Old 01-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 50
Likes Given: 2
got out for three and a half miles through some neighborhoods. Trails have a nasty crust of ice and slush on them. I hate not being able to run trails. Wait, I hate when I choose not to run trails since I could have done it.
SpartyGirl likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page