Tuesday Dec 16th Workouts - KickRunners.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By regiolanthe

#1 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 07:48 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Tuesday Dec 16th Workouts

Quiet around here. 9 days until Christmas. I have to admit I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Trying to get my lists together and schedule everything so I feel a little better.

X3 Triometrics & Zumba today. Happy Tuesday!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Yoshi: I rarely jump on a scale (we do not own one, so the only time I get weighed is at yearly checkup), but there is no question that when I'm seriously marathon training I also am trimming weight, as my pants fit looser. Most runners I know loose some lbs during the hard core months of training. You just started into it, so be patient.

Missed yesterday's daily bread thread, so a weekend update here and then today's workout...

Saturday: 6 mile trail run in complete darkness with two others.

Sunday: Yulefest 5K, 20:21 pushing the boy. I actually felt good and wasn't too far off my fastest 5K w/jog stroller (19:51), which is odd, because lately I have been feeling way, way off, and my daily runs prove it. Was really a nice feeling to get on top of my feet. My speed is still off, but even for a day it felt good. Saw Muffin Queen and Daysman but, well, couldn't socialize much due to having to stay in one place due to having the boy with me. So I just hung with whoever came my way. Fun time! Love that race.

Monday: 4 mile easy, slow, sluggish run. If yesterday I felt pretty good (considering; but still not back to anything near normal), this morning erased all of that.

Tuesday: 7.5 mile solo run over typical Tuesday course. Everyone bailed, so I did the standard loop and logged more to reach an hour. Legs felt better than they have. Still pounded and slow and heavy, but better. Maybe I'm turning the corner. Doubtful, but I hope!

Great day, friends!
#3 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 153
Likes Given: 260
Ran 2.25 easy tm miles yesterday. I'm finally feeling "normal" again which is a relief. I will do another easy/quick run in between work and our holiday gathering tonight.

Julie - I ordered P90X3 based on your suggestion in a recent thread. I should receive it today and I look forward to getting going over vacation next week.

Thor - You and the boy looked quite happy in your Yulefest pics on FB. Nice work!

#4 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
6:15 functional class with hubster again. Saw another friend at the class. I had no idea he and his wife were members. Good to know. Will plan on being sore later.

Elliptical planned for lunch so I can read my book.

Swimming with Robin later.
#5 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
Morning commute for me; not sure about the afternoon (may hitch the afternoon ride back if it's cats and dogs ... probably will ride if it's just a drizzle). About 17 mph... fairly warm.

Julie - Know what you mean about feeling the Xmas crunch. Wish we were one of those incredibly prepared families that gets our cards out on November 30, but that never seems to be the case!

MQ - What's the book? I've been on a bit of a reading phase lately, so up for suggestions ...

In positive news, won my Fantasy Football Playoff Game ... and now onto the championship against the team that beat me last year in the finals. Will walk away with a bit of cash with a win or loss. Always nice!
juliemboyle and Muffin Queen like this.
#6 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 10:08 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksurp View Post
Julie - I ordered P90X3 based on your suggestion in a recent thread. I should receive it today and I look forward to getting going over vacation next week.

Exciting! I am already on week 7 (how did that happen?), absolutely love it!
#7 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post
MQ - What's the book? I've been on a bit of a reading phase lately, so up for suggestions ...
Geo: It is by John Lescroart It is the 12th book in the Dismas Hardy series. Betrayal is the title. I really enjoy this author and the character. I've read him for years now and just catching up on the character. I follow so many continuous characters that some times I get behind on a few and forget what I have and have not read. Can't just be me that does this, right??

Also 45 min on elliptical and another 5 min on the cool down. Already a 2 shower day and not even ironman training yet.
#8 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
Thor - your body is so used to the workout load day in and day out. I'm sure some days(or week or month) it feels more of it than the other days. Hope you get the good feeling back. Solid race with the Boy!

I'm totally not ready for Christmas... The cards are sitting in front of me but not addressed yet... I write the annual Christmas letter thing. Was thinking to skip it this year but I already received a few cards saying "looking forward to it". Urg.

6.5 miles on TM. I skipped the outdoor track during lunch time because of the rain. Headed to the HS indoor track after work only to find out there was a basketball game (the track is above the court) and I wasn't allowed to run on it. Boo. So TM at the gym. 1200x4 w/400 recovery jog. Felt easy/strong. The pace is not a killer pace and I'm trusting the training plan/reason behind the suggested pace. Yay, I made to another no-running Wednesday!

Heading to barre class soon. DD busy studying and DS/DH are at the scout .
#9 of 9 Old 12-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 136
Likes Given: 1
good job Yo Sake and everyone keeping up the workouts. Sadly after a weekend of ditch digging and sand bagging I developed an evil cough and did nothing but cough and try to work with a light walk today. I join Julie in feeling overwhelemed. I have just recieved a research contract that will be my holiday present but also add to my being behind for holiday preparations

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page