• 1 Post By Yo Sake
  • 1 Post By zojmn151

#1 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 07:25 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Tuesday Dec 2nd Workouts

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!

X3 Triometrics and 5.25 mile run with the girls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 222
Likes Given: 171
40+ commute again today. Couple of turkeys. Saw a deer cross the road last night ... silently slipping across. Managed 17 on the way in; slower home.

Sounds like a gym day tomorrow. Would love to get in one solid weather-free week before the end of the month, but not sure that's going to happen at this point. Still ... closing on 5200 now (avg 100 miles/week for the year; nice round sum) - so should be able to get to the 5400-5500 range with a few more commute days and a long ride or two.

Thor - loved the vid of the lad dashing about the house with his fire helmet on. Great that you are recording these! Mine grew up in the camcorder age - and we never pulled it out often enough to capture the every day moments. Will inquire with the boy re your cousins ... Possibility that they're stuck in the same crappy freshman dorm

Geo.
#3 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 07:48 AM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 169
Likes Given: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by regiolanthe View Post
40+ commute again today. Couple of turkeys. Saw a deer cross the road last night ... Silently slipping across. Managed 17 on the way in; slower home.

Sounds like a gym day tomorrow. Would love to get in one solid weather-free week before the end of the month, but not sure that's going to happen at this point. Still ... Closing on 5200 now (avg 100 miles/week for the year; nice round sum) - so should be able to get to the 5400-5500 range with a few more commute days and a long ride or two.

geo.
awesome

#4 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 08:41 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 168
Likes Given: 2
Good morning, TEAM LIT!

Julie: Love that you've been so motivated and hitting it hard!

Geo: Badass, you.

Me...

6.5 mile typical Tuesday run early this morning with 4 others. Enjoying this run from home to the Tuesday run!

Great day, friends!
juliemboyle likes this.
#5 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 353
Likes Given: 3
jkaiser - Based on my reading, it seems that stretching has its own places and benefits but may be overrated and could be done wrong and damage. Hope your hammy gets better soon.
Julie - you are really kicking everybody's arse! Way To Go!
Geo - I like the even #'s!! 100mile/wk, boy that is impressive!
Thor - so you live pretty close to LRR now? and to the group run meeting spot? That's fantastic!

6.5mile under 30F temp. Speed day, with 6x800m w/400 recovery. First time in this training cycle doing the speed work at an outside track. I was nervous, because I have been running pretty slow (10.5min/m is a labor sometimes), and I have been doing this workout on TM at 0% grade. Well, to my surprise, running circle felt easier than on TM. 3:55/800m was the target, but ended up 3:44-3:46-3:49-3:46-3:47-3:48. The beauty of running on track is you control the speed to how you are supposed to feel at that pace. I don't have GPS so until I hit 200m/400m mark I don't know exactly how fast I am running. As this workout progresses, however, I tuned in really well and felt great to run right at the comfortably hard pace. Another surprise is that 400m recovery. During the previous workouts on TM, it took me about 3.5min to slow-jog to cover 400m to recover. This time, less than 3min. I like the fact TM is not controlling the speed but how I feel is dictating the recovery jog speed. Having said all this, however, I don't usually have an issue with speed work. My weak point is still endurance. Anyway, I made to the no-running Wed!!!
Barre class later. At least I have more than a few hours to recover. Hopefully no cramp, no losing balance!
juliemboyle likes this.
#6 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 135
Likes Given: 1
got out early for an ow swim before the runoff hits, it rained during the swim but it takes a little while for that to run with all the junk on the roads, into the ocean. Clear and calm in the ocean cold and windy trying to change on the beach after!

I WILL get out my old trainer today & see if it will still work. I really need to loosen up on the bike after Saturday's hard ride.

I'd like to be like Geo but the hundreds of car accidents in the rain scare me too much.
#7 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 112
Likes Given: 225
Nice job Yo Sake!

yesterday was Zumba w/DD...she's really getting into it...mom not so much, but it is different and fun and great for the off season...plus gets her working out at least 2x week.

Session B weight training started today...legs are going to be like jello during tomorrow's run, I can just tell.

Have a good one!
juliemboyle likes this.
#8 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 311
Likes Given: 315
Impressive stuff for December! You guys rock.

Pilates this morning and some basic PT stuff tonight (clam shells until the cows come home...). I admit to letting a lot of the little things go this past year as far as strengthening and stabilizing my hip. Wake up call received. #WorkTheWeakness
#9 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 135
Likes Given: 1
Sparty-what are clam shells? I did my pt and some trainer time (odometer says 17 miles...) which I needed to even out the crazy day. Now back on hold...see y'all tomorrow it will still be raining here OH NOO
#10 of 11 Old 12-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 50
Likes Given: 2
I'm on an every other day do something schedule, and today is a do nuthin' day.

Oh, I did swing the maul a bit to split some logs for the next few days. With how early it gets dark, I can barely get through a night's worth before I can't hit the log.
#11 of 11 Old 12-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 256
Likes Given: 596
I ellipticaled for 45 min and then did some leg strength work.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page