• 3 Post By TriAndStopMe
  • 4 Post By Yo Sake
  • 1 Post By xflbk43

#1 of 10 Old 09-13-2014, 12:21 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
Weekend workouts, September 13/14

20 mile run this morning with Suzanne. That's it for today, other than house cleaning, mowing and bike maintenance/cleaning for tomorrow's long ride. Just did this last weekend, but that stupid rain storm I got caught in mid-week, gunked up everything.

Have a great day!!
SpartyGirl likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 129
Likes Given: 596
I swam today as part of a relay in a sprint triathlon. 0.25 miles. It went well.
The cyclist on our relay team had never before participated in any part of a triathlon, but was a very quick study as I helped him with his numbers and explained to him how transition works. 12 miles. He had a blast!
The runner on our relay team is my coach. 3 miles. He ran fast.
We placed 2/13 mixed relay teams and 4/22 all relay teams. 1:02:47

Cheryl (aka cake)
#3 of 10 Old 09-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 87
Likes Given: 14
C25k Wk 6 Day 2 down. Light rain. Felt good. Jumped in the pool at the end - probably for the last time this year, it's down to 67F.
SpartyGirl and cak73 like this.

->>> John <<<-
Because too much fun is never enough.

#4 of 10 Old 09-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 103
Likes Given: 149
31 miles in the bike today. Beautiful weather but a little windy. Met up with Steve towards the end to ride with him for a while!

Sunday will be a 3-4 mile run.
#5 of 10 Old 09-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 101
Likes Given: 117
Made it to Boston and was delivered to LRR & GG's abode right on time. (Even it it was a time I made up only 24 minutes beforehand. )

Nothing for me today, but I can personally attest LRR and GG got their C25K runs in.

Yo Sake, I will likely disappoint you on the photos. I fervently avoid being in front of the camera. Of course, if the other's want a group photo, I'd be happy to take it for them.
#6 of 10 Old 09-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
TASM - glad to hear you arrived at casa LRR&GG! I trust lots of fun be had!

Fantastic day here. DH and I were planning to ride TTC (triple trail challenge), 38miles of singletrack/dirt road connecting 3 trails one of which is open only once a year to MTB. We were planning to leave DS to good hands of DD on XC meet day; we just didn't want to miss this special Mtb event However, due to the iffy weather, we decided not to ride and go to DS's meet instead. Glad we did. He ran his PR, 20:32, more than a min PR. DD helped the stat's and hang around her xc friends. We got to know the xc parents better and chatted quite a bit about how to go about a college search process (for DD= jr). After the meet, DH and I rode 35 dirt miles to our favorite cafe, had a good time enjoying latte and sweets. Then DD and I baked a few peach pies for fund raising. Tomorrow we will be selling ther pies at our church booth at the Victorian Festival.

Let's hope Indians can win to keep the play off dream alive
#7 of 10 Old 09-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 223
Likes Given: 177
Sounds like a great day Yoshiko!

Welcome to NE, Barb!

Myself - 53 mile ride ... Felt kind of sluggy (a little brisk, but not as brisk as X's sounds like it will be tomorrow!) Started out in hi-40's/low50's ... probably finished up in upper 50's/low 60's.

Bummed did not see the Aurora B. yesterday... Looks like quite a few round here did.

Probably a rest/errand day tomorrow....

Geo.
#8 of 10 Old 09-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 362
Likes Given: 3
9.5 miles of sluggishness. Then worked at the church booth selling a dozen pies.

Now we are at the Tigers stadium, vs Indians. Com'on Tribe!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1410720151826.jpg (144.5 KB, 3 views)
#9 of 10 Old 09-14-2014, 03:49 PM - Thead Starter
Special Member

Likes Earned: 104
Likes Given: 40
1 mile run this morning, followed by 110 solo miles on the bike today. I'm still trying to figure out how I had a headwind, regardless of what direction I was going. There are flag poles on several places on this route and somehow, the flags were always pointed straight at me. http://www.strava.com/activities/194605227
cak73 likes this.
#10 of 10 Old 09-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Special Member

Likes Earned: 136
Likes Given: 1
heat wave here, hottest days of the year we think.

I've been thinking about water conservation as I'm a bit stuck, the city says I must cut water use (as must all here) by 20%. The county says I have to water trees and irrigate out to the property line because I am in high fire risk zone, so not only can I not cut water to "landscaping but I have to water some big trees now. Last year at this time I was gone for a month so its hard to use less than that. I decided a while ago I'd rather water my new trees (1 year old or less) than use water myself so now..how do I use less? I already have HE and water conserving everything. The choices are not wash clothes, not wash dishes or not wash me or not drink and cook with water. As an athlete I think I use more washing than most-dishes I hand wash a number of drink and gel bottles (the water co tells me hand washing wastes water), I wash my workout clothes (making extra clothes being worn and washed in a day) I also wash me. I will swim (usually in the ocean) then shower. I may then ride or do a hills walk in the evening or some vigorous yard work and then I will often shower. I do have allergies and I know its a good idea to wash off the pollen after going out but I have to drop one or both of these showers (first shower is typically 3 minutes and the second 1-2 so shorter won't really work out). How do I do it? I tried just wiping with a damp cloth after riding or walking but I feel stinky and sticky. Is it acceptable anyway? Should I wear workout clothes more than once? I can't really wear business dress (or can I) many times before washing. I could buy more clothes so I'd have fuller less frequent loads. I could buy paper plates so I have less dishes to wash?
So I'm stuck, any suggestions on using less water for washing of the athlete and her gear?

Today and yesterday I swam a few miles each day wishing to stay in the water all day. Yesterday I also walked 3 miles over hills in the heat. I only saw fish and our small leopard sharks both days!

I will now break another city request/requirement and use electricity to run the washer since I need to pack and leave tonight. With no A/C nor big exhaust fans, no tv running and the computers needed for work, its hard to "flex my power" too! I guess if I used more it would be easier to "use less" or am I not creative?

I have a week of business travel where all I'll be able to do is walk, which was a washout last time as it turns out I can't walk far in temps in the "hundred teens"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page